Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Sunday Cruise Down The Hudson To SBI Race (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/32304-sunday-cruise-down-hudson-sbi-race.html)

Audiofn 09-05-2002 10:08 PM

Ok looks good. My attendence TOTALLY revolves around my boat running well tomarrow afternoon/evening and Saturday. If I get all the rest of the bugs worked out then I am in :D:D I will also try and get a possy to come down with me. They have all done crazier things :D:D

Anyone know a good place to stay out that way?

Jon

DJD 09-05-2002 10:16 PM

Audio Jon
How about this scenario.....
It would be alot closer for you if you came to Greenwich to launch & run down to the city.
I wont be running the Cig, I'll be on Post Time, cruising into the city at a blistering 20kts Sun a.m.
Just a thought but you might have more fun running with the guys on the Hudson

Audiofn 09-05-2002 11:12 PM

DJD get me your number. If I am wishy washy on the boat then I could do that!!!! I know it is a lot closer that is for sure.

Jon

Shane 09-06-2002 06:03 AM

My buddy's wife has now bailed and he isn't sure if he can go. So it may just be me and teh ole lady. Not so bad, she just doesn't like going to fast. 65+! Actually looking forward to running with her.:D

Shane 09-06-2002 07:14 AM

Just spoke to HOT BOAT and he is definitely NOT going.:( So it looks like departure time from Gullies is around 9:30ish?

Chris288 09-06-2002 07:21 AM

Shane, IF I cant get my boat running right you will have some company !!

I'm taking it out tonight to find out..

Audiofn 09-06-2002 07:24 AM

Chris232 load up your pockets with lead to slow him down some will ya :D:D

Chris288 09-06-2002 08:06 AM

NO WAY JON !!!

At the poker run, I was in the water and waiting around for others to arrive and launch,, ended up waiting for about a half hour, we all pulled away from the ramp, and after about 4 miles I didn't see ANYONE the rest of the way,, ( all the time saying to myself " why did I bother waiting ?? " ) atleast this year IF you come, I will have somebody to beat !! :D :D, just kidding..

If we leave by 9/9:30 , we should cruise into the city around 10/10:30, that will give us a chance to check out the boats and shoot the **** at liberty landing before heading over to Chelsea, when the close the river...

Shane 09-06-2002 08:31 AM

Guys, guys, guys. If we run at 45 to 50 she would be even happier. So don't fret! I am really looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday. Tomorrow I will be prepping the boat. Chris and Jon, if you need anything call me, you have my numbers.:)

Audiofn 09-06-2002 08:35 AM

Hey guys IF I am not 100% sure on my boat going 120 miles I may head in with DJD from CT. That cuts my trip by more then half. Were can I hook up with you all? Are you going to head over to the wet pit area or something? I just DO NOT want to get 60 miles up the river and then have a 6 hour no wake back home if you know what I mean!!!! :eek: :eek: I will know more tomarrow but better safe then sorry. Of course fallowing DJD in the post could be a task in itself :D:D Then maybe we can rip around the town and then I can head back again with Dave :D:D Let me know.

Jon