Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Sunday Cruise Down The Hudson To SBI Race (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/32304-sunday-cruise-down-hudson-sbi-race.html)

Audiofn 09-07-2002 05:06 PM

The boat ran like clock work today. Now the problem. The damn tide is to low to get her out. Well today just got A LOT longer. Well since I only have to be there at around 9:00 I can always stop in CT. I am going to go for it due to the performance today. :D:D I will call some of you on the way down to touch base and try and figure things out. Can some one bring me 3 qts of good quality 50wt or 40wt if you can. I am going to try and pull some oil out of the engine and see if that helps what is happening with the oil preasure (constantly at one preasure from 2000-4500rpm's) could be just a bad sender or guage but I thought it could be to much oil in the engine. Thanks :D:D

Jon

Shane 09-07-2002 07:46 PM

Jon,

I don't have any oil to bring you but I can stop on the way. Kristen says thanks for the offer if it gets rough.

See you in the morning.

Shane:)

dckrafft 09-07-2002 08:44 PM

Jon,

I am pretty sure that I have some oil to bring. I am planning on being at Gully's shortly after 9:00am. I do not have anybodys' numbers, but I will post mine again. If I am running late, or anyone else for that matter, please call me. I do not want to miss the group departure.

Thanks,
Dave (914) 805-9576

Paul, have a good time at the lake. We will miss you!

Shane 09-08-2002 08:00 PM

WOW! What a great ride down the river together! Jon's boat came out GREAT! He was so excited that he came and so were we. It was great meeting and seeing all of you again. Scott, Tony, Julie, Chris, dckrrft, Audio, Ken, etc. etc. When we tried to get back into Liberty Landing after the race it was a total fluster cluck. Almost as bad as pulling out at Gullies! WHAT A NIGHTMARE! It is to bad we ended up getting separated.:( Kristen and I were looking forward to spending time with all of you at the race. We had great seats at Chelsea Piers and really enjoyed the race. I hope you all did as well.

Ryan Beckley, as always it was a pleasure seeing you again and meeting your lovely girlfriend and your brother.

Philip sorry we missed you. :(

Frank and Melissa thanks for coming over to say hello. As always it was great to see you. I just wish we could have spent more time together and I wish you would have met my wife.:)

Marcus, nice to finally meet you.:D

Randy from TYPHOON, great to meet you too. Thanks for the invite to the party, sorry we didn't make it. By the time we ran back up north, pulled the boat and drove back north it would have been to late. You guys looked AWESOME out there.

Excavator, good seeing you, the Mrs. and Paul again. Kristen says THANKS for the cigars. She had one on the way home and LOVED it. Where did you get them? She wants some more. Looking forward to you guys coming up in 2 weeks.

So, in conclusion. A FABULOUS day with lots of great people, beautiful weather, awesome racing and no broken parts. Does life get any better?:D

BODYSHOT1 09-08-2002 08:06 PM

Shane,

I saw you pull into the marina & tie-off....I was on the big trawler you docked behind, but I couldn't get your attention..:rolleyes:

Oh well..next time...hey your boat is smokin'!! :cool:

Take good care & see you soon.

Marty

:D

28SCARAB 09-08-2002 08:14 PM

shane,
nice skater/ I followed you up the thruway to exit 19. We were down at Liberty Landing Park all day. Got there very early this morning. The boats were awsome in the pits.

Shane 09-08-2002 08:21 PM

Thanks Marty I appreciate it. Sorry you couldn't get our attention. When you gonna go for a rip with me?:D

28 Scarab, sorry we didn't know you were so close but thanks for noticing. Next time pull up and wave!:D

BODYSHOT1 09-08-2002 08:23 PM

Shane,

next time for sure!!

Looking forward to it...

:cool:

Shane 09-09-2002 08:24 AM

Jon,
Glad you got home safe and sound! Great to meet you and your boat looked GREAT! Can't wait to see the photos.

Marty,
I look forward to it as well.

Chris232,
Same for you dude! Sorry we didn't get you out in the little Skater. I don't think we could have run very fast anyway with all the debris in the river. Maybe at the lake in 2 weeks?

Shane

Chris288 09-09-2002 11:35 AM

I was really looking forard to breaking the 100mph mark in a boat too...

Oh well, there is always next time.

We had a great trip down to the city, our little convoy of boats made for a great time. It was nice to meet up with everyone and we all made it back safely.

lets all do it again sometime.. :D :D :D