Notices

West Michigan boaters!

Old 02-18-2015, 02:00 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Well...if you are accepting Hoosiers like TJINDY and IL-annoy-ans that are DED people, I guess I might as well make it known that I tend to be up in that hood every year with some degree of regularity...
Old 02-18-2015, 05:20 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by KAAMA
Oh, so you have seen a 40' Hustler launched at that ramp, huh?.....hmmm....interesting.

Also, what makes you think my warsh tub will dwarf your boat?....I mean, it's just a warsh tub...I have fenders though, so don't worry.
So, Mark, what's the "hmmm" interest in a 40' Hustler? You have a thing or two on your mind?
Old 02-18-2015, 05:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by waybomb
So, Mark, what's the "hmmm" interest in a 40' Hustler? You have a thing or two on your mind?
How's the Cougar coming Fred? Need to catch up sometime!

Jon
Old 02-18-2015, 06:00 PM
CNC
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tibbstoy2
I am also a big fan of Pentwater. It's a quiet town (except when I'm in the harbor), but everything is close to the city marina and the nightlife isn't bad for a small town. Several decent places to eat and very laid back. The marina staff are very welcoming to the go-fast crowd. I've been going up there for at least 10 years in July and August for a week and usually run into a group or 2 of go-fasts that stay there for a week at a time just like me.

It's far enough north that Lake Michigan is much cleaner, but not more than 1 hour north of Grand Rapids. They have a nice SHORT Army Corps of Engineers channel that is one of the nicest I've seen and quickest access to Lake Michigan too. I trailer up there, put in at the municipal launch, store the trailer down the street. Pentwater Lake is great for family stuff like tubing/skiing,swimming, etc... but the whole lake and harbor is deep, so you don't have to worry about depths.

Mears State park is on the edge of town and has one of the best (and hardest to get into) campgrounds on this side of lake Michigan. They also have a really nice beach (clean).
+1
I favor Ludington, Mi. About 20 min north of Pentwater. Two marinas (city and Harbor view). Nice boat launches. I run north to Manistee and south past Pentwater to Silver lake to
watch the dune buggies.
Randy
Old 02-18-2015, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts

Anybody run out of manistee ? We have a couple places up that way and have always thought about keeping something up there. Any noise issues up there?
Old 02-18-2015, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be there
Old 02-19-2015, 06:53 AM
CNC
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nykamp
Anybody run out of manistee ? We have a couple places up that way and have always thought about keeping something up there. Any noise issues up there?
The cop are great up there...never been questioned, and I'm a little bit loud.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:52 PM
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tibbstoy2
I believe officer Dykhouse is now retired. I try to keep a low profile and have my engines "quiet" typically. No issues for me for a few years.

I do think one HUGE benefit of West Michigan Offshore is the ability to meet with the police team as part of a PR move and a meet and greet for us offshore guys to establish a relationship with the police. If we do a Grand Haven specific fun run with sponsors, we can specifically talk about the poker run and race boats that are coming and clear that with the sheriff's dept before the event so no one's worrying during the event. It would also go a long way for any other time on the water.
Well, hopefully this is the case; because if we want to put this to the test and see if they have relaxed on this; I will for sure push the limits on this, because the ole' girl is kinda loud!

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Well...if you are accepting Hoosiers like TJINDY and IL-annoy-ans that are DED people, I guess I might as well make it known that I tend to be up in that hood every year with some degree of regularity...
Geez Mike! What are you trying to say? I haven't been accepted yet...don't push our luck; just stay cool for now, they might let us join them.
Old 02-19-2015, 08:19 PM
Registered

Grand Haven in the good ol days.....still one of my favorite places.

Old 02-19-2015, 09:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TJIndy280
Well, hopefully this is the case; because if we want to put this to the test and see if they have relaxed on this; I will for sure push the limits on this, because the ole' girl is kinda loud!

Geez Mike! What are you trying to say? I haven't been accepted yet...don't push our luck; just stay cool for now, they might let us join them.
I can relate with being kinda loud... but I have a homemade external silencing system (cams would cause reversion, so I'm dry to the tips).

Since Grand Haven is in my backyard - I still try to keep a low profile... never idle loud with the police within a few hundred yards. I figure it would only take one bad day to be blacklisted... then my summer is ruined. Up north, people complain when they hear me idling out quiet... so I feel a lot better about just letting the engines bark up there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.