If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    My Boats:
    Don't even mention the word boat
    Tampa, Indian Shores Beach

Scism / Fountain Cat, INFO PLEASE

Anyone have anyu info on these and pics?

Are they available for purchase?

My Boats:
    Thoroughbred/Velocity 32'
    Freehold, NJ. USA
    yeah they're available..check some of the larger Fountain dealers..

Pier 57 has a 2001 listed w 900sc's and #6's
    Attached Images Attached Images

Marine Technologies (scism) sold a set of molds and tooling to Fountain. The initial agreement as i understand it was for Fountain to build pleasure boats up to 500hp's and MTI to build the larger power pleasure boats and the race stuff. I do know that Fountain built the first pier 57 race boat.

My Boats:
    162 scout flats 90 merc
    eden nc
    27 got to fountains webb site look under sport boats it is listed there and mti didnot sell fountain a set of molds randy is the head of fountains cat bulding devi all boats are laid up at fountain but any thing over 575 sc is rigged at mit saintlouse so power boat sez

newport beach,ca
    Call Randy Scism @ (636)639-1166 . I am sure he can help. Then post what he said.
    pat W
    Unique Drivetrain Solutions for High Performance Vehicles
    2007 US1 National Champion SuperCat/ 2007 World Champion SuperCat / 2008 P1 Supersport World Champion / 2011 World champion Supercat

Platinum Member Platinum Member mcollinstn's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1991 F311SR1
    friend was set to buy one last fall with 1100 Sterlings and drysump sixes. Was supposed to run well over 140, but was still being tested in the 120's (not enough prop, not enough gear, wrong CG, blah blah). Friend bailed on this expensive toy and reordered one with 575SC's. Pier57 added intercoolers and tweaked the boost up a notch. Boat runs 112 with 1/2 tank of fuel and 4 people without breaking a sweat. Much less expensive boat. Warranty on drives and motors. Much more affordable insurance. Much sweeter deal.

Boat is supposed to run high teens in salt. Really a cool boat. Laid up at Fountain. Supposedly a few hundred pounds lighter than the MTI hulls due to new lamination schedule and vacuum bagging. Did notice some surface cracking of gelcoat in several areas around the dash and on all of the storage hatches between the motors. Looks like some kind of accelerated curing on the gel or something. Felt weird about pointing it out to friend since he was so excited about the boat, so I didn't but if it was my $$, I would have insisted on it being fixed. The boat is brand dam##n new. Has a $25k paint job and looks F$$kinFantastic. The roominess and interior cabin are just top notch. Mega cool recreational speedboat.
    I see London, I see France...