Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Info and pics on the Sonic cat. >

Info and pics on the Sonic cat.

Notices

Info and pics on the Sonic cat.

Old 02-22-2015, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No I had them build a 32 cat with outboards. I eventually got a very nice boat but that was after I sent it back to the factory 3 or 4 times and still ended up rewiring the entire thing myself and re hanging both motors. After all that they still owed me several items fixed as well as paying for my wife and I to both go to the Tres Martin school and reimbursing me for transportation for multiple trips to FL and NJ. I'm sure there are are other things I've forgotten they owed me but I've just written it off to a bad business deal that I learned a lot from.

One of the things that burnt me up the most is the lack of honest communication. I could normally get someone on the phone but quickly learned that they just told me what I wanted to hear. One example is when they were supposed to be working on setup and speed was told that they ran x mph but when I got the boat back the recall on the speedo and GPS were both well below what they said it did and still reported the best number I'd gotten previously so they obviously either never even ran it and lied or ran it and lied about what they got. Another example is when they told me they replaced an expensive part but when I got it back proved that they hadn't and never did...
Old 02-22-2015, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will also say that the lies came from people still involved not just people that are no longer there that they could pass the buck to.
Old 02-22-2015, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 700 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by mlb75
No I had them build a 32 cat with outboards. I eventually got a very nice boat but that was after I sent it back to the factory 3 or 4 times and still ended up rewiring the entire thing myself and re hanging both motors. After all that they still owed me several items fixed as well as paying for my wife and I to both go to the Tres Martin school and reimbursing me for transportation for multiple trips to FL and NJ. I'm sure there are are other things I've forgotten they owed me but I've just written it off to a bad business deal that I learned a lot from.

One of the things that burnt me up the most is the lack of honest communication. I could normally get someone on the phone but quickly learned that they just told me what I wanted to hear. One example is when they were supposed to be working on setup and speed was told that they ran x mph but when I got the boat back the recall on the speedo and GPS were both well below what they said it did and still reported the best number I'd gotten previously so they obviously either never even ran it and lied or ran it and lied about what they got. Another example is when they told me they replaced an expensive part but when I got it back proved that they hadn't and never did...
come on,,you know Mike A will say your not remembering the screwing at all right.

I feel bad for all the guys that got screwed over by them.
Old 02-22-2015, 09:42 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike A.
I know all sides to this situation and can assure you that making demands and bald declarations on OSO about who is right and entitled to what has not worked, obviously, and won't work in the future. I just think it would benefit the two actual stakeholders more if this matter left the pages of OSO.
Oh no, this matter is going to stay right here, out in the open for everyone to follow closely. It's known as a Manufacturers review. How do you think Frizzy is doing?

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 02-23-2015 at 12:07 AM.
Old 02-22-2015, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike A.
Indy - the second paragraph of my response to JS applies to your post I think. I know all sides to this situation and can assure you that making demands and bald declarations on OSO about who is right and entitled to what has not worked, obviously, and won't work in the future. I just think it would benefit the two actual stakeholders more if this matter left the pages of OSO.
Are you not paid to represent one side and one side only and to portray that one side in the best possible light??

(I mean seriously, if you expect us to believe you have Chuck's best interest at heart when Frisini is paying you, you either think we are incredibly naive or your about the worst lawyer to walk the face of the earth.
Old 02-23-2015, 06:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This dude Chuck will never get what he ordered. Didn't he order a Spectre CC and the boat that was built had Sonic all over it ?
Old 02-23-2015, 07:24 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 865 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by sutphen 30
no,it called lawyering,which there all great at doing.making money for themselves,at the tune of 33%.
I generally find that if a person/company is in the right, they have no problems stating the facts and crushing the antagonist. We've seen it many times here. Usually it's the party that has something to hide that disappears since their wrongdoings would be vetted out. We saw it with the CommanderSander thread in the Beware section, most here were on Sander's side UNTIL the other party presented their side and bam...so much for Sander. He was exposed.

Like it or not for Sonic (if you can even call it that), this is a public issue, prospective purchasers live on the internet. The other thread extolling the virtues of Sonic reeks IMO.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

In regards to Chuck's boat he had built. In this day and age, I just can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that a man can trade in a high dollar boat, Chucks's fairly new 36 Nor-Tech Supercat, pay off the balance on a new boat and get absolutely NOTHING in return???

And to make matters even worse (from what I've read) when he travels down to FL to take possession of the vessel he's paid for in full, he's threatened with a theft charge?

How does this happen? What went wrong? Can any boat builder actually take all the money paid for a new boat and actually say faak you and give you nothing?

I wish someone would (or could?) explain this mess.

Last edited by Biggus; 02-23-2015 at 09:10 AM.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 195 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggus
In regards to Chuck's boat he had built. In this day and age, I just can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that a man can trade in a high dollar boat, Chucks's fairly new 36 Nor-Tech Supercat, pay off the balance on a new boat and get absolutely NOTHING in return???

And to make matters even worse (from what I've read) when he travels down to FL to take possession of the vessel he's paid for in full, he's threatened with a theft charge?

How does this happen? What went wrong? Can any boat builder actually take all the money paid for a new boat and actually say faak you and give you nothing?

I wish someone would (or could?) explain this mess.
Pantera/ the Nunez's seem to get away with it
Old 02-23-2015, 10:16 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 865 Likes on 318 Posts

Chuck... what are the reasons that they have given for not delivering the boat? Surely they've made some demands that in their minds haven't been met.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.