Notices

Powerplay 185-XLT

Old 03-05-2015, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mountainmadness
I am trying to acquire another vessel but not sure if I can. If I can problem child will be for sale in the spring as a project boat, need under hatch interior redone, I have a used bravo assembly, kinda rough but in process of being rebuilt. No drive Will come w/ or w/ out motor. Status of motor was great, just have it & was gonna ring & bearing it to make sure everything was good. Boat has less then 250 hrs & motor has less then 40 hrs I guess
i would never of thought t daddy would sell. but a new baby changes a lot of things. does it still have the 280 tabs? (big tags for a little boat) they came off our cig. good luck with it.

todd

Last edited by baronmarine; 03-05-2015 at 07:40 PM.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tommymonza
That one has been for sale out there forever . I called on it and after the guy telling me it used to do 115 before he put the stock engine back in it I kinda doubted his credibility on the condition it is in.
hey tommy. i hear he is trying to get rid of it now, before he would not answer the phone or call back. hmm?? 115? doubt it. but it would have been a heck of a dream.

todd
Old 03-05-2015, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stuff changes in life. I only want 2 other boats, a sutphen 21 which I can't afford or my dads 220 sport Baja. I haven't talked to him yet but I will soon. The ole girl still has the 280's on it, I haven't used it much. In 13' I broke 2 drives & its been sitting on the trailer since. The boy is 2.5 yrs old and I want to spend more family time enjoy the water instead of worrying bout race fuel, docking w/out shifting ect. .
Old 03-06-2015, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We plan on selling our xlt next spring, wife wants a wakeboard boat... living on the lake we find that we have more and more people coming out on the weekends and we just cant fit more than 4-5 people on it comfortably and thats with the open bow model. 6-8 is what we need to fit and plus all the water-sports we are into. But its all good... Ill have one more year with her and its been 4.5 years already owning it. Great boats!

I cant believe your kid is already 2.5 years old Travis!! Man does time fly!!
Old 03-07-2015, 07:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys ever use "Tear Aid" tape to temporary fix a small seat tear ? I"ve got a small rip in the bottom of the bench seat and the local upholsterer said he's real busy , I don't want to chance him not getting it done before spring . I just want to get through the season and then get it re-done . I "ve seen good reviews just wondering if anyone has tried that or something else with good results ?
Old 03-10-2015, 07:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All! New member here. Can't believe I have never found this forum. I absolutely love reading about the Baron/Power Play boats. I'm the proud owner of a 1987 Power Play Intregra that has been in the family since new. Back in the 80's my Dad's sister owned a Marina on Lake George, NY. He was looking into a 20 foot Formula and his sister told him about a new line of boats she just added, and how the quality, gel coat and fit & finish was even better than formula. My Dad was intrigued especially since the boat was manufactured in Holland, MI. We lived in Kalamazoo, so my Dad purchased the boat through his sister and arranged to pick it up directly from the manufacturer. Which at the time was just a couple of pole barns if I recall. I'll never forget the day we picked it up. The kicker is my Aunt actually sold him the boat for wholesale. I think he paid $15,500 for the boat. Talk about a deal! I still have all the old paperwork and brochures. I've since purchased the boat from my Dad and have really enjoyed it. Unfortunately I am still only running the original V6, however this will be the last year. Next fall I plan on upgrading to a V8 and new outdrive. The rest of the boat is super clean as it has spent many years unused in a garage. It spent about 5-6 years in the mid 90's without being used at all.