Notices

Hey Jana!!!!

Old 09-05-2002, 07:10 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Jana!!!!

How's it goin'??

How's things in Texas? How's your boat doing this season? Had any major problems? Driven the boat anywhere new??

Haven't heard anything out of ya in a while!!

Have a good one !

Shawn
Old 09-05-2002, 07:18 AM
Registered

Hey Shawn!

Just noticed you were on. Haven't done much boating (at least not in mine) this year. Broke a prop blade way back and thought I'd go find some different ones to test. No luck and it just dragged on. Borrowed one from the marina to do the TOPPS poker run. Finally decided to just buy a new Hydro which I put on last weekend. Unfortunately, I cut my hand pretty badly trying to learn to change spark plugs and didn't get to run her. Weather permitting, I WILL go out on Sunday. Hoping the new prop and clean plugs will get me over 70 on GPS. (Yeah, my supposedly mid-70's boat only does high 60's.)

You going to be stuck up north this winter? Hope not. You'll have to take up ice boating. (Very fun, BTW.)
Old 09-05-2002, 08:22 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Sorry to hear about your hand! That suck!

The weather is starting to cool ion the mornings. I don't know if thats a hint or what!! Haven't seen my poor boat in months. A friend of mine said he would blow the dust off of it and said" NOT!!"

I'm going to try to get it tuned up for when I come home in November. Hopefully the weather will be reasonably warm enough to take it out.

I thought your boat ran in the 70's?? I still have 250rpm to get out of the engine. I'm going to have the prop labbed when I get home.

Take care!!
Old 09-05-2002, 12:15 PM
Registered

I'll burst your bubble in a hurry. I worked at Palmer Johnson in Wisconsin for two months during college. It was the winter adn it was in the 20's with lots of snow. That was said to be mild.
If you're back here in November, you should miss the worst of it and you never know down here - it could be in the 80's.
As for my boat's speed. Last year, I had no way of verifying it since the previous owner disconnected the speedo to put on a nose cone. He said 73-74 pre nose cone, Reggie said 70 in dead of winter and my GPS said 67 right before I found the cracked prop blade last spring. I'm right at 5200 with the 24 Hydro and the guy at Hydro said that's where I should be and thus shoudln't go up in pitch. Not too worried - just going to save up for that 35 w/twin HP500s . (With regard to your thread on income, that's going to be a while.)
Old 09-05-2002, 01:19 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I've heard some scary roomers around here of being due for a nasty winter up here. I'm hoping lady luck shines on us while were here. AS har as the prop thing. Your right at where you should be with the RPM.

My scarab is only at 4950rpm and I should be aorund 5250 myself. I've been told I should get 3 or 4 miles an hour more out of my boat with having the prop labbed.

I ran it all summer with a stock 26 bravo. I've got a few things to do before I'm finished with her and ready to put her up for sale. I've still got my focus on giong for the big one in the next couple of years.

As far as you and a 35!! I say go F*&%$IN FOR IT!!!!!! The people on the lake would be trippin' if they saw a female in their own 35!!!!!

Old 09-05-2002, 04:25 PM
Registered

Have you ever tried a Hydro on your boat? A 23 or 24 might get you the rpms and they're supposed to be faster on top end. I worry about labbing with all the junk in Clear Lake after it rains. I'll try a serious speed run when it cools off. Let the gas tank get closer to empty and then see what she does.

Two big problems with getting a 35 - The 29 is nowhere near paid off and there's no slush fund anymore and my checkbook really doesn't like the idea of care and feeding for 2x470 ponies, not to mention storage and insurance. Someday - gotta have something to dream about! How big is the "big one" you're looking to get?

People at the lake are already flipping about a gal in a 29. Out of 64 boats on the TOPPS poker run, there were 63 guys driving and one girl - guess who! (Then go look in the Reader Rides photos. Jamie Russell got a sweet one of us on the way to Stingaree's.) They say I may be the only girl ever to drive in that run.
Old 09-06-2002, 07:10 AM
Registered

Hey Mike! Good to see you back on the board. Looks like Tropical Storm Fay is going to kill my boating plans for this weekend. So one more week until I find out if I've found any speed.
They had some good looking things for your next boat when I was out at the plant last month. Those new fish boats are sweet and so's the 35 Classic in Executioner trim. Hope you find a buyer, but until then - enjoy it. Let us know how the labbing works out.
Old 09-06-2002, 07:57 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Jana,

My thoughts exactly on the slush fund and check book thing. I bet it was cool on the TOPPS run. I thought about trying a hydro just to see what happens. I'm going to try some different things when I get home. I still need to get more bow lift and I'm going to talk to some prop people about what would be best to try.

Old 09-06-2002, 08:15 AM
chuckbeecher
Platinum Member

Go back to a 3 blade. Perhaps a Mirage 27. 4 blades always slowed my top end and lifted the rear of the boat.
Old 09-06-2002, 08:29 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Chuck!!!

Good idea!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Hey Jana!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.