If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Gone Fishin' Charter Member Waterfoul's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1988 Tracker Pro 17, 40 hp Mariner.....1972 Glastron GT 140, Merc 50 power!!!
    Grand Rapids/Holland/Grand Haven

Well, I didn't hurt my motor on Sunday....

Got everything back together LATE last night. Set the timing in the driveway at 11:30 p.m. Sure my neighbors love me for that!! But it only took about 2 minutes (maybe less) as I didn't do total advance. I did that today at the ramp. Only issue I found was that I either cooked my t-stat or it is stuck. Replaced it at the ramp and everything seems ALMOST back to normal. At a 900-1000 rpm idle in the no wake zones I creep up in water temp. It get's to about 180 or so until I kick it up to 1300+ rpm and then it goes back down. I took the water pump off yesterday and did a visual inspection thru the holes (just couldn't get myself to tear it apart again!!) and everything looked honkey dorry. Guess I better tear it apart before the Hardy Party (which is NOT an organized event.....right Mr. Gadgets??? ). Never fear, I have not one, but TWO spare impellers. One slightly used, the other brandy new.

Motor still runs like a raped ape at WFO though!!! But chasing Rambunctious tonight on the way back across lake Macatawa my oil pressure guage suddenly spiked to max and stayed there. Seemed to odd and too sudden to be much of an issue. I was thinking bad gauge or sender. At the ramp I find that the wire to the sender had come off and was dangling there. Guess I bent it getting the sand out of my motor Sunday and it finally came loose. Easy fix!!!!!! The kind I like!!!!
    Last edited by Waterfoul; 09-04-2002 at 10:41 PM.
    [b]M Go Blue.......Gator boots, gator luggage, gator purses... all at cut rate deals!!!!

Charter Member #232 Charter Member Audiofn's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1979 Formula 302, 99 Formula 353, 81 Donzi 18 2+3 with 454
    Carlisle, MA USA
    Sounds good man!!! Hey the sand could be still moving through your engine. I wonder if it would be a good idea to run it for a day or so with out the T-stat in there to keep the flow high and get all that crap out of there??? I would definatly check out the impeller and housing.

Put your best foot forward!

Mike, I think you should change your name from Watechicken to the "Sandman" Lol....

Just kidding there Mike, glad to hear she is a screamin demon!!!

Charter Member#330 Charter Member MrCIG's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1985 38 Cigarette 2004 Formula 400SS
    Good news Mike glad to hear you are back on the water.

If you like it rough do it OFFSHORE!!!

My Boats:
    95 Formula 336 SR1 525SC's
    Holland, Mich
    If your most common phrase poking your head out of your bilge is:

Hey !!!! I FIXED IT!!!! ,

you may be a sofistikated rednek..

My Boats:
    38 Cigarette flat-deck
    Holland MI
    You can't hurt that thing. I haven't pulled the pin on that grenade yet.