Notices

Spring is here I think

Old 02-28-2015, 04:55 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Mud Season is the only season I don't like up here.

So, have at it in 2 months. In fact, we may be in a town very near you in a month or two.

Until then, I'll be riding a 160hp 2 stroke strapped between my legs smiling from ear to ear across our 24" + thick ice thru the woods and over mountains getting views I can't by car nor boat.

I love water - both frozen and unfrozen..........just not mixed with mud.

Here's a local water fall we frequent during all seasons. On the snowmobile trail , which is a road when not covered. You can walk in underneath it. Pretty large cave behind it.

Here it is frozen, from inside it.

Awesome !

Last edited by SB; 02-28-2015 at 05:01 PM.
Old 02-28-2015, 04:57 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tommymonza
I went in the pool for the 1st time in months today ,it wasn't the 90 degrees like I prefer but it was still 80.

I was thinking I would go out on the boat later since it finally warmed up but it is supposed to rain later, maybe tomorrow.
May you get severe diarrhea and your legs fall asleep!!!

This AM it was -4F-- I went up to the lake and all I saw were ice fisherman

ps - glad you are enjoying the warm weather-- all the best

3pointstar
Old 02-28-2015, 05:23 PM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
Mud Season is the only season I don't like up here.

So, have at it in 2 months. In fact, we may be in a town very near you in a month or two.

Until then, I'll be riding a 160hp 2 stroke strapped between my legs smiling from ear to ear across our 24" + thick ice thru the woods and over mountains getting views I can't by car nor boat.

I love water - both frozen and unfrozen..........just not mixed with mud.

Here's a local water fall we frequent during all seasons. On the snowmobile trail , which is a road when not covered. You can walk in underneath it. Pretty large cave behind it.

Here it is frozen, from inside it.

Awesome !

Now that's cool SB.
Old 02-28-2015, 05:32 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

I went in the pool for the 1st time in months today ,it wasn't the 90 degrees like I prefer but it was still 80.

I was thinking I would go out on the boat later since it finally warmed up but it is supposed to rain later, maybe tomorrow.

It was nice here too. I went for a bike ride on A1A then a run on the beach this morning. Got sun burn.

In all honesty, every New Yorka with white hair is in south Florida right now. I would rather deal with the snow. Kinda....

Yesterday, I was sitting in the left turn lane. White haired lady in a brand new Cadillac in front of me. Light turns green. The lady turns the wheel all the way to the lock left and punches it. Goes over the curb/divider.... I love this place. LOL Every person in the country with a drivers license over 85 years old is here right now. God bless em, I love to death but please for the love of God turn in your friggin license.... Give it up already!
Old 02-28-2015, 06:12 PM
Registered

Received 597 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
It was nice here too. I went for a bike ride on A1A then a run on the beach this morning. Got sun burn.

In all honesty, every New Yorka with white hair is in south Florida right now. I would rather deal with the snow. Kinda....

Yesterday, I was sitting in the left turn lane. White haired lady in a brand new Cadillac in front of me. Light turns green. The lady turns the wheel all the way to the lock left and punches it. Goes over the curb/divider.... I love this place. LOL Every person in the country with a drivers license over 85 years old is here right now. God bless em, I love to death but please for the love of God turn in your friggin license.... Give it up already!
i know when I go out on the boat tomorrow I will have to lather up with some Sunblock, it's getting to be that time of year and it's been so cold I lost my base tan this winter.

It ain't easy for us Sissies when we lose our tans because than we may burn while we are trying to get our base back.

TRAFFIC is bad there?

it is Gridlock here

I have been here 30 years and thought it was bad last year .it has gotten to the point where I don't venture out of the house between 5 and 8 o clock because every frickin American visiting down here thinks they have to go out and eat diner at 530 on the dot.

You get a day where it is too cold or crummy to go to the beach and they are all out driving around instead

There is no more room for people in SW Florida.
Old 02-28-2015, 06:15 PM
Registered

82 tomorrow and high mid 80s the rest of the week.
Old 02-28-2015, 06:17 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

82 tomorrow and high mid 80s the rest of the week.
please sent some of that weather to the northeast thanks
Old 02-28-2015, 06:25 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

it is Gridlock here

I have been here 30 years and thought it was bad last year .it has gotten to the point where I don't venture out of the house between 5 and 8 o clock because every frickin American visiting down here thinks they have to go out and eat diner at 530 on the dot.

You get a day where it is too cold or crummy to go to the beach and they are all out driving around instead

There is no more room for people in SW Florida.
Truer words have not been spoken... I was in FMB a couple weeks ago when it was cold.
Totally ruined my urge to retire down there. I'll take Detroit or Chicago traffic any day over SW Florida.
Sure, you may get the finger 10 times in a 5 mile northern commute, but at least you're moving at 35mph instead of 5mph!
Old 02-28-2015, 06:37 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Where you on the big bridge side of FMB ? We stay right next to the small girder bridge. ie: San Carlos Pass. Easy escape from the island. + We stay away from big school Holidays. I've only been there once during extreme traffic time....luckily that was just a few day stay.

Been there many times in off season and am lucky where I ran into cool weather just once. Few day stretch in the 50's. Rest where good old SWFL.

Unfor you went on a deep freeze year. Whole friggin country got damn cold.

Anyway - love that area. I'd give it another try sometime.
Old 02-28-2015, 07:33 PM
Registered

FMB is always Gridlock during the day or early evening. I spend a lot of time traveling up the beach road to FMB to go visit my boating buddies that all keep their boats at Parrot Key Marina jsut over the bridge and to the South.

yea I have been down here 30 years and love it But last year got to me, and this year the traffic started much earlier and is much worst..

I was contemplating ,moving to North Florida but the weather is too cold there in the winter to do much and it is too far from the Keys.

Kinda thinking Nevada for my next move .A whole different scenery and the California coast is only 4 hours away.i know the retirees are heading there too , but the traffic cant. be as much as a clusertphuck as it is here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.