Income and boat payments.........(long) >

Income and boat payments.........(long)

Notices

Income and boat payments.........(long)

Old 09-08-2002, 02:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am also bugged by these questions, how much did it cost? how much does gas cost you a day? it gets very old.
We also leave in a smaller town 8000 people, and we are very lucky to have what we have. I am proud to own my 29PQ, but is is one of the larger boats in this town. People just dont understand what I am willing to do to have my toys, alot of hard work.
We have been married for 10 years with no kids (yet). I drive a truck, and my wife works for a large ins. co. and people don't like the fact that we have our boat and a 2000 suburban 3/4 to match the trailer. The dumbest thing I've heard recently is my wife's new car (528i bmw) is the only one in town that is the new body style, I did not know this but I have had 4 different people tell me this why? Do they have nothing else to do but follow what we do? If that is the case they really need to get there own life and not worry about what we do, it is not there business.
Can you imagin if you went up to your boss and just asked him or her hey how much did your house cost, how much was your car , and how much did your wifes new chest cost! they would freak out on you for that, so what is the difference. Sorry this just kind of pi$$e$ me off.

Hopefully we won't have to hear it much more.
Old 09-08-2002, 08:47 PM

I love this thread, Ihave a nieghbor put in a swimming pool 25-30k. When they heard Iwas buying a bigger boat they though I was crazy. Can you imagine sitting around your house all week-end!My wife an two kids really love it . Don't justify just have fun

Old 09-09-2002, 06:03 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

I'm still luvin' this thread!!!!!

Old 09-09-2002, 06:26 AM
flylevel

This is a good topic, I try by doing all the building around the house, built the barn, basement remodeling, electric, etc. This works for 2 ways 1) I save money for boating, 2) I get the work done the way I want. I don't take long vacations. Sometimes I wonder what I'm doing but the fact of the matter is" I love to be out on the water"!

Old 09-09-2002, 07:30 AM
Registered

Originally posted by BRUCE SEROFF

hey Jana, your story sounds way too much like mine.

pretty scarey
It just means us Jersey people think alike. (I was born, raised and got my start in boating there.) We've got our priorities straight !
Old 09-09-2002, 10:58 AM
Registered

I've got the double whammy -- I'm a single girl with a nice boat... I get the standard "how fast, how much" and then the "how do you handle that all by yourself" questions. More than once I've heard the "rich *****" rumors and it makes me sad. I work hard and I play hard too. I sacrifice in other areas, but I will always find a way to own a boat.

Airpacker had it right -- being on the water is better than a visit to any shrink. Feeling the wind in your hair and hearing the rumble of a powerful engine is pure joy.
Old 09-09-2002, 12:07 PM
Registered

Velocitease - I hear you. Being a gal with a decent-size Fountain, I get the same "Do you really drive that all by yourself?" stuff from both guys and girls. I don't mind that nearly as much the "How do you afford it?" type questions. It's fun to tell people I was the only woman driving her own boat when I did my first poker run this spring. On a sort of funny note, I've twice been asked if some fancy car in the lot was mine too. One expensive toy at a time...
Old 09-09-2002, 01:19 PM
Registered

I think its great to see the ladies out runnin their own boats. Especially go FAST boats. Maybe You'll find some good lookin guy to be YOUR hood ornament for a change
Old 09-09-2002, 01:21 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Velocitease and Jana.I showed your posts to my wife and she laughed her ass off.She hears that crap all the time when she runs the boat over to town or to the marina for gas.Hell,she can dock better than 95% of the guys I see drivin boats,backs down a ramp like a seasoned trucker too.She says the next time you hear that stuff,just tell them you only use the boat to pick up boy toys with.Then walk away from them and start talkin to some other guy

Please remember guys,this was my wifes advice,I just posted it for her.
Old 09-09-2002, 01:42 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member
Platinum Member

It's all about priorities.
Boating for us isn't a luxury, it's a necessity. There's no better stress relief than a high speed run down the lake. We'd probably be in a newer boat if we weren't trying to build the summer home. But all in good time.
The '88 Baja 240 was just detailed this weekend and looks brand new ! I'll have to change my screensaver at work and see what type of comments I get now.
We bought the boat for $14K in 1997 and everyone said what a luxury it was..what are theyy thinking, $14K was the price of a used car.

Airpacker- I like your wife's thinking !

Maureen

Quick Reply: Income and boat payments.........(long)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.