Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Who has great marina Facebook pages and email newsletters? >

Who has great marina Facebook pages and email newsletters?

Notices

Who has great marina Facebook pages and email newsletters?

Old 03-08-2015, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Who has great marina Facebook pages and email newsletters?

Please share! Is your marina one or do you know of one and just like following them?
My wife is taking on a new client and is looking for some inspriation across the country.
Some places are duds. A "Hey we are open!" and "Hey are are getting ready to close for the season!" and maybe a "Seasons Greetings!" message are all some marinas do.
Looking for those that have regular communication either on thier Facebook pages or via email to thier customers.
What do you like about it? Thank you in advance!

Last edited by damdonzi; 03-08-2015 at 01:15 PM.
Old 03-08-2015, 06:50 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

https://www.facebook.com/trentonmarine
Old 03-08-2015, 08:46 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

Can give her some info. There is certain times of day to post things. For the most hits and exposur also have done a few advertising packages with them.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:48 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,737 Likes on 1,228 Posts

Originally Posted by damdonzi
Please share! Is your marina one or do you know of one and just like following them?
My wife is taking on a new client and is looking for some inspriation across the country.
Some places are duds. A "Hey we are open!" and "Hey are are getting ready to close for the season!" and maybe a "Seasons Greetings!" message are all some marinas do.
Looking for those that have regular communication either on thier Facebook pages or via email to thier customers.
What do you like about it? Thank you in advance!
Of course, I am biased but this newsletter is really good, http://speedonthewater.us4.list-mana...&id=afd086940b

We use mail chimp. It is simple and inexpensive. Have your wife look into it.

Our newsletter is simply a round-up of the week's news. It ends up in the mail boxes of our subscribers every Friday morning. It's for people either can't or don't check the site daily. One basic piece of advice with any "newsletter?" Make sure it actually delivers some news. Far too many are nothing more than marketing vehicles for the companies sending them out, and if that's all a newsletter delivers it will fail.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks guys. Matt agreed on the content perspective. Her existing clients are retail and womens clothing retail and she has the Facebook analytics down pretty well there, but this is an entirely different vertical. The client she is working with has an existing customer base, sales for a small number of boat manufacturers and local events.
Was hoping to hear from some California/Florida/LOTO/Texas coast folks. Locations where boating is more year round and not as seasonal as here in New England.