If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    FOUNDER and BG1 Charter Member Jeffrey's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Twin Step 42 Tiger
    Newport Beach, CA
    Originally posted by Madcow
    A Tiger with a Hummer? Shouldn't be too bad. I pull my 42 Sonic with trips with a 1/2 ton GMC. (So far so good)
    Madcow - Do you have an electric brake system on your trailer or is it the standard surge system? Do you ever tow down any grades or just around town on mostly level grades?

A little bit of trivia - "Cigarette1" once towed his 35' Cafe Racer and trailer (13,000 lbs.) from Los Angeles to Lake Havasu behind a Ford EXPEDITION! I kid you not! Up and down the hills he went without any problem. I was very surprised!! An Expedition!! That takes some COJONES!

By the way - for those who are curious - we purchased a new Ford F350 Extra Cab Superduty Diesel to tow Jim's Tiger. He used it to tow to Havasu a month ago. His H2 stayed in the garage!

Douggie Fresh - No lippin' now ya hear!

My Boats:
    Cigarette Top Gun, Scarab Center Console
    Toledo Oh
    Just surge brakes, and EXTRA carefull. I only tow it localy. When I went to Smoke on the water this year I used my buddys dually. Only problem is the boat and trailer weighs over 16,000 lbs, so even with a 1 ton this thing is a beast to tow.

My Boats:
    39 Dragon
    Ft.Lauderdale, Florida
    With a Turbine boat you can just fly there. NO Towing needed. cb

My Boats:
    Formula FASTech 382 Sunseeker Apache 45
    Bell Canyon, CA

Re: Towing with the new H2 Hummer!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey
    Okay boys ... this is going to be a good one. My partner just purchased a brand spanking new YELLOW H2 Hummer. The truck is one bad ass vehicle! It actually surprised me in many ways! If you think it even resembles previous H1 Hummers - think again. Other than the nameplate and a faint resemblance to its predecessor - the two have nothing in common.

Now here's where it's going to get good. He plans to tow his 1999 Cigarette Tiger (900SC's and Speedmaster #6 drives) on a 3500 pound Myco trailer around with this Hummer. Don't get me wrong - the Hummer is awesome and looks awesome attached to the boat and trailer (see pic). But are all of you thinking what I'm thinking?? 13,000 pounds + Hummer = HumCig mashed potatoes out in left field at the bottom of the grade?

Just curious what the masses think ... ha ha. he's going to give me hell for this!

Do you guys tow anything anymore?

My Boats:
    2004, Cigarette, Tiger
    Monroe, WI

Quote Originally Posted by Airpacker
    hope he has good insurance

Hope his insurance will cover it when they find out he is towing outside of the H2 capacity.

tulsa, oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by Wardey
    I think he should give me the Tiger so I can tow it with my F350 ! Ton !!!! I hear the H2 is nothing more than a Tahoe with square body panels? I'm curious because the wife wants one. As for me, I will stay with my F350. Wardey
    I believe that it sits on a chevy avalanche 3/4 ton frame that has been modified so that the axles are moved out giving it a longer wheel base. It does not matter to me what you pull with. It has alot to do with conditions, speed and common sense.

Offshore Cowboy Platinum Member Joe's Avatar
    My Boats:
    '03 Lip-ship Gladiator - Purchased (Not from Lip-Ship) w/ worn out Merc's posted on OSO Classifieds and told to me had "Fresh Motors." Wish I would have gotten to Philly's 1 Day Sooner and bought the Gladiator he sold to Tommy!!!
    Houston, TX

Ummmm..... "Partner" or "Business Partner". I felt like an idiot (yes, which occures often ---- there, beat everyone to it) when I found out the "new" meaning of "Partner"!

McHenry, Illinois

He may want to read his insurance policy on the boat. Mine says the tow rig must be rated to tow the weight or no coverage. Markel American insures it. Cool looking Hummer, but silly idea.

My Boats:

i have seen no pics of this boat in the past several years so i hope the vehicle could not pull it out of the driveway, because the alternative is that it is now described with the first word "salvage". the insurance side of the issue now days scares the crap out of me just as brad just stated. in missouri and illinois i hear they are doing roadside stops for overweight hauling. looked pretty cool though.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast