Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Mercury Bolsters Outboard 'Repower Revolution' With Aggressive Financing Program >

Mercury Bolsters Outboard 'Repower Revolution' With Aggressive Financing Program

Notices

Mercury Bolsters Outboard 'Repower Revolution' With Aggressive Financing Program

Old 03-09-2015, 02:04 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,737 Likes on 1,228 Posts
Default Mercury Bolsters Outboard 'Repower Revolution' With Aggressive Financing Program

Worth a look for outboard engine fans—and a good sign for the industry, http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...ng-program-1-2
Old 03-09-2015, 02:55 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

how is 5% interest "aggressive" ????
Old 03-09-2015, 03:08 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Originally Posted by pstorti
Would you prefer "solid," Paul? What should it be to qualify as "aggressive?" Perspective is a funny thing. When I bought my first home, anything below 15 percent on a mortgage was considered excellent from a historical point of view on interest rates. Have you looked at the interest rate on your credit cards lately?

Had the program offered just the interest rate an no other incentive, however, I would not have called it "aggressive." But that's not the case.

So yes, given the deferment of payment or rebate option, plus 4.99 percent interest, I consider it an aggressive finance program. Clearly, you do not, which happens often among smart friends with differing perspectives.
Old 03-09-2015, 03:38 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw the headline and expected 2% financing or something big, like when the economy was in the crapper and GM offered 0%, that's aggressive! Being as you can get a HELOC for 4% or less and deduct the interest from your income, who would bother paying Mercury 5%? I never understood that deferred for 90 days payments, what is the benefit? You still have to pay.

Honestly if you have to finance to repower you probably shouldn't be doing it anyway.

Matt are you guys planning to do a full test of the Cigarette 1040SD? Curious to see actual performance numbers and fuel burn. Supposedly they also have a few being built with Mercury (Volkswagen) 370HP diesels. I think that will be my next boat if they depreciate enough in 3 years so I can pay cash for one.
Old 03-09-2015, 03:54 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

I

Matt are you guys planning to do a full test of the Cigarette 1040SD? Curious to see actual performance numbers and fuel burn. Supposedly they also have a few being built with Mercury (Volkswagen) 370HP diesels. I think that will be my next boat if they depreciate enough in 3 years so I can pay cash for one.
We don't have anything currently in the works with that one, Paul, but that sounds really cool with diesel power. I'd love to see that.
Old 03-09-2015, 05:36 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

5% financing on "boat parts" is aggressive.......it would be really interesting if they carried that over to I/O stuff....150K motor/drive packages vs. 15-20K outboards.
Old 03-09-2015, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 417 Likes on 246 Posts

Aggressive would be buy one get one free!
Old 03-09-2015, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Interesting and yes it would be something to see if they were to do this with the IO packages as well.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw the headline and expected 2% financing or something big, like when the economy was in the crapper and GM offered 0%, that's aggressive! Being as you can get a HELOC for 4% or less and deduct the interest from your income, who would bother paying Mercury 5%? I never understood that deferred for 90 days payments, what is the benefit? You still have to pay.

Honestly if you have to finance to repower you probably shouldn't be doing it anyway.

Have to disagree a little, I paid cash for my boat but may have to partially finance a re-power someday, what's the difference if I owe $20-30K on my motors OR $20-30K on my boat? I could also kinda justify a monthly payment with the offset from fuel savings, going from EFI 2 strokes to Optis.

Now I just have to convince my wife we need new motors before a bigger house.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:55 PM
Registered

Received 568 Likes on 340 Posts

Sounds interesting. I shouldn't ask but I wonder how long is the term, what's the purchase price and what can I trade in 07 Suzuki df250s for? If I could do 70 i could show transom to some of those "real" offshore boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.