Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Engine building timeframe.... Why rush it??? >

Engine building timeframe.... Why rush it???

Notices

Engine building timeframe.... Why rush it???

Old 03-11-2015, 01:56 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts
Default Engine building timeframe.... Why rush it???

As I keep going on my engine build and now it's March, I get asked daily "when you gonna be done??" Will you be in water by beginning of may?? Stuff like that... I pay cash for parts as I make it so that slows me down nothing else, I see so many guys try to make that April or May timeframe, or poker run and rush it, screw up or cheap out to finish... Is it worth it??? Anyone else notice this or get asked all the time???

Fyi I used to be that guy that rushed for season to start and slam it together, I learned the hard way it does not pay off...
Old 03-11-2015, 01:59 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

They build a motor from the ground up and have it on the dyno in less than 30 minutes on Horsepower TV. Get with the program!!!
Old 03-11-2015, 02:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I never rush my projects. I enjoy the project phase of owning my toys, so rushing completion is foolish to me.
I get it all the time too tim. My reply is always......"when it's done, it's done".

Not having a, self imposed, deadline removes the stress and anxiety from projects too.

In my opinion, you're doing it the right way.
Old 03-11-2015, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do it "RIGHT" or don't do it AT ALL! You will regret it! Goes for most things in life! Ive been waiting on parts all winter (custom chit) but after the 10's of thousands I have spent...NOT going to "compromise" at this point!
Old 03-11-2015, 02:32 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 105 Posts

I like to get as much done early on as possible to account for parts being out of stock, fit ament issues, etc.
Old 03-11-2015, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

winter money=parts
summer money=gas and booze
Old 03-11-2015, 02:52 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by vintage chromoly
I never rush my projects. I enjoy the project phase of owning my toys, so rushing completion is foolish to me.
I get it all the time too tim. My reply is always......"when it's done, it's done".

Not having a, self imposed, deadline removes the stress and anxiety from projects too.

In my opinion, you're doing it the right way.
Oh I hear ya, I am taking my time but also won't miss a season, I would drop in 420's and go boating if I had to lol but I mean like if it's June or July so be it... But to make early bird in April or see at day in may is a rush and the weather sucks still
Old 03-11-2015, 03:57 PM
Registered

Received 433 Likes on 193 Posts

I enjoy the pain and agony of projects. I prefer to take my time and stretch it out as long as possible, that way less stuff breaks, pay for dockage that you never use, and carry an insurance policy on a boat that never sees water. .
Old 03-11-2015, 04:11 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by frickstyle
I enjoy the pain and agony of projects. I prefer to take my time and stretch it out as long as possible, that way less stuff breaks, pay for dockage that you never use, and carry an insurance policy on a boat that never sees water. .
You are a rare case LOl, well maybe not...
Old 03-11-2015, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 409 Likes on 182 Posts

Do it Right the 1st.time ,or don't do it all, the water isn't going anywhere it will be there when your done.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.