Notices

Ilmors in a Fastech 382

Old 03-16-2015, 08:41 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Canamman
Pier 57 doesn't have much inventory regarding 700s...they have a 2008 for 200k with a pending status and Cumberland Marine has a couple with a 600 and 700 about 200k....there really isn't too much out there in new years to cross shop..
Not sure that there are very many late model 382's out there.....2008-2012 was slow for all the builders and Formula didn't build a lot of Fastechs
Old 03-16-2015, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would imagine with the solid rep they have that there would be a few die hards that would love to get the boat with Ilmors but those die hards would probably wish they were in a different hull for greater speed numbers...the Formula, at least for me, would have satisfied the wife with the amenities and myself for overall speed, roost, and sound...the probable difficult resale is also a huge factor to consider...
Old 03-16-2015, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Canamman
I talked to Ilmor regarding the future availability of parts and service and they said that they have discontinued the motors to the general public but they are still offering them to select boat builders. They said the cost of keeping them in inventory was too high. They did say they will offer parts and service for the motors/drives. My biggest concern is in 5 years trying to sell a boat that was a fad back in 2010 is now a tough boat to sell because the motors, even though possibly awesome, don't have the history and/or reputation that Merc has...
So you are looking at a 5+ year old boat now, then worried about selling it in 5 more years.......a 10 year old boat with less than desirable power isn't going to worth much less than a 10 year old boat with Mercury blue power.......both powertrains are going to be 10 years old anyway! Look at the old Fastechs with Volvo power, they are clearly less desirable than Merc but they certainly aren't giving the boats away because of it.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Not sure that there are very many late model 382's out there.....2008-2012 was slow for all the builders and Formula didn't build a lot of Fastechs

I would agree with that...there is NOTHING out there in the 2009-13 range for pretty much ANY boat manufacturer....when I say nothing, I mean not much to cross shop or look at...
Old 03-16-2015, 08:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
So you are looking at a 5+ year old boat now, then worried about selling it in 5 more years.......a 10 year old boat with less than desirable power isn't going to worth much less than a 10 year old boat with Mercury blue power.......both powertrains are going to be 10 years old anyway! Look at the old Fastechs with Volvo power, they are clearly less desirable than Merc but they certainly aren't giving the boats away because of it.
The boat I am looking at is a 2013. I was originally looking at 2007-9 with 700 Mercs but stumbled on the 2013 with the Ilmors..
Old 03-16-2015, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have them in my NT & really like them!! I am not a blower motor fan & that's why I chose them 4 my build!!! Support from Ilmor has been great! I would get them again!!! Good Luck!!
Old 03-16-2015, 08:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by wrinkleface
I have them in my NT & really like them!! I am not a blower motor fan & that's why I chose them 4 my build!!! Support from Ilmor has been great! I would get them again!!! Good Luck!!
Where are you with hours?...have you had any issues?...
Old 03-16-2015, 02:55 PM
Registered

I agree 100% with wrinkleface, I would put them in my next boat if I was building one. I am on my second 382 with Ilmors. I built the first 382 Ilmor in 2012, and built another 382 Ilmor boat in 2014. Ilomr and Formula have been outstanding to work with, and they are in the marine business for the long haul.
Old 03-16-2015, 04:18 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 84 Likes on 39 Posts

Pretty intelligent discussion of Ilmor v Merc here:

http://www.riverdavesplace.com/forum...ilmore-vs-merc

1. Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Old 03-16-2015, 07:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Made It Rain
I agree 100% with wrinkleface, I would put them in my next boat if I was building one. I am on my second 382 with Ilmors. I built the first 382 Ilmor in 2012, and built another 382 Ilmor boat in 2014. Ilomr and Formula have been outstanding to work with, and they are in the marine business for the long haul.
Made it Rain, I'd like to talk to you about your Fastechs...I read the thread with you on your 2012 journey and I really would like to get your perspective..can you pm me your number and we could talk?...I sure would appreciate it...I spoke with wrinkle face today and he mentioned you..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.