Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Any LS or LT1 boats on here ? >

Any LS or LT1 boats on here ?

Notices

Any LS or LT1 boats on here ?

Old 04-02-2015, 03:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those are some really nice LS builds , That Phantom Bor you have is beautiful !

I was think Lt1 with Opti the mid 90's motor juste because so many of them are available around here and marine headers are available for them. I just cannot afford 3-4000$ headers for the LS heads. I am considering fabbing a set of LS headers but it looks like a challenge.

If I do the LT1 they are plenty strong blocks , the torque curves and hp resembles closely an old Big block power and torque but weigh less and cost nothing ... plus as a benefit EFI and my close friend know's those things inside out from building a bunch of turbo Lt's over the years.
Old 04-02-2015, 03:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by bor
I have this one build for my 21 phantom and gonna build a clone of it to put in my new cat on bravo its xr drives
I love it really strong engine if build right when I start the build in 2009 it was hard to find marine parts but know there pretty much parts available to just bolt on .
How much of the original internals can you use?
Old 04-02-2015, 03:47 PM
bor
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ram750
Those are some really nice LS builds , That Phantom Bor you have is beautiful !

I was think Lt1 with Opti the mid 90's motor juste because so many of them are available around here and marine headers are available for them. I just cannot afford 3-4000$ headers for the LS heads. I am considering fabbing a set of LS headers but it looks like a challenge.

If I do the LT1 they are plenty strong blocks , the torque curves and hp resembles closely an old Big block power and torque but weigh less and cost nothing ... plus as a benefit EFI and my close friend know's those things inside out from building a bunch of turbo Lt's over the years.
thanks !
there are nice headers made in australia for arround $1500 a set that even have a murch collector or lightning make them for just in the $2K range
but I see your point budget wise the lt1 is much cheaper .
Old 04-02-2015, 03:50 PM
bor
Registered

Originally Posted by Keytime
How much of the original internals can you use?
I have all forged internals but I think the stock internals will do fine when keep it stock ,save weight of a bb and still make 400+ hp not ideal for the big heavy v hulls but for the smaller and lighter boats perfect I think .
Old 04-02-2015, 08:11 PM
Registered

Bor , I will look around for some cheaper headers but for Now I have access to a very low mileage LT1 with minor upgrades , the motor makes about 400hp in the car it's in. With a decent set of SBC headers in the boat I would probably remain near the same hp. The boat is a 24 Progression LD i/o that's fairly light. What do you think ?
Old 04-03-2015, 01:02 PM
bor
Registered

Ram , I think it will do pretty well you should be close to the power that it made in the car depending on the exhaust that has been in the car as som egood headers will produce some power ,a marine exhaust make less hp due to the cooling of the exhaust temp .

should be a nice set up !!
Old 04-03-2015, 01:27 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do you guys handle reversion? I remember when I did a 350hp/327ci Corvette engine
I had a lot of problems with reversion.
Old 04-04-2015, 12:27 AM
bor
Registered

That all depend on your came shaft , I went whit dry exhaust because have a nasty cam in it ��.
But you have too like a loud boat then !
Old 04-04-2015, 07:17 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see you have a dry exhaust. How did you keep the
fiberglass in the transom from overheating?
Old 04-04-2015, 01:21 PM
bor
Registered

Originally Posted by myturn
I see you have a dry exhaust. How did you keep the
fiberglass in the transom from overheating?
I made them double all the way till the end but made the water dump inside the boat just before the transom and dump on the sides of the hull .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.