Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Performance Boat Center Adds Princess Yachts Line to Dealership >

Performance Boat Center Adds Princess Yachts Line to Dealership

Notices

Performance Boat Center Adds Princess Yachts Line to Dealership

Old 04-02-2015, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

big boats in a little lake is like.........well this.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYB3Fx0a8-4

Last edited by 1989mach1; 04-02-2015 at 09:13 AM.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:59 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by bajaholic
Becoming the norm in size...
I have never been to LOTO but from the pics/stories I would think big yachts like that will be a hassle around the docks at restaurants and heavy traffic locations on the lake
Old 04-02-2015, 09:00 AM
Registered

a little over kill imo
Old 04-02-2015, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 126 Posts

I mean no disrespect... But If you have never been to LOTO, than you have no idea as to how big it is. It is hard to imagine. The Lake is 100 miles long, and over 1500 miles of frontage. It is not a small lake... Most restaurants/bars etc have expanded their docks to accommodate the larger vessels. Plus, the people with these larger units have hired captains to pilot them. These Captains can place them basically anywhere then will wait outside the docks for the people to return (GPS helps!)

Honestly it is the small, family boats that cause most of the damage, frustration and annoyances. They are part time boaters, with narrow minds and little experience. MOST of the issues we had in our cove was the >25' idiot that would come in under 1/2 throttle nose straight up and plowing a 4 foot hole...

LOTO is very unique, depending where on the lake you are, there is a totally different ambiance. That is what makes it so special...
Old 04-02-2015, 09:17 AM
Registered

I know its not a pond but I boat on the grate lakes so it is on the small side to me that's all.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:53 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly it is the small, family boats that cause most of the damage, frustration and annoyances. They are part time boaters, with narrow minds and little experience. MOST of the issues we had in our cove was the >25' idiot that would come in under 1/2 throttle nose straight up and plowing a 4 foot hole...
Honestly... that's subjective, bh. I'm on the main channel and the plowing cruisers do the most damage to our property, esp now that the cove adjacent to us has become very popular for coving out.

On a lake as popular as LOTO, there will be plenty of annoyances to go along with the good times. It's all about finding that balance.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:05 AM
Registered

I mean no disrespect... But If you have never been to LOTO, than you have no idea as to how big it is. It is hard to imagine. The Lake is 100 miles long, and over 1500 miles of frontage. It is not a small lake... Most restaurants/bars etc have expanded their docks to accommodate the larger vessels. Plus, the people with these larger units have hired captains to pilot them. These Captains can place them basically anywhere then will wait outside the docks for the people to return (GPS helps!)

LOTO is very unique, depending where on the lake you are, there is a totally different ambiance. That is what makes it so special...
Living on the east coast of Florida, 60 miles from the Bahamas I would have a better use for a 60 ft Princess than riding around in brown water making big wakes for others to encounter!

http://www.evsjupiter.com/
Looks pretty flat today for an Easter weekend in the Bahamas!
Old 04-02-2015, 10:13 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,745 Likes on 1,233 Posts

Live and let live.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Live and let live.
and the answer Alex is: What sounds like a James Bond movie?
Old 04-02-2015, 10:33 AM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Living on the east coast of Florida, 60 miles from the Bahamas I would have a better use for a 60 ft Princess than riding around in brown water making big wakes for others to encounter!

http://www.evsjupiter.com/
Looks pretty flat today for an Easter weekend in the Bahamas!
That is what the 82' is for...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.