Performance Boat Center Adds Princess Yachts Line to Dealership >

Performance Boat Center Adds Princess Yachts Line to Dealership

Notices

Performance Boat Center Adds Princess Yachts Line to Dealership

Old 04-02-2015, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
I have never been to LOTO but from the pics/stories I would think big yachts like that will be a hassle around the docks at restaurants and heavy traffic locations on the lake
BH,

What do you mean by norm? How many 50+ ft. Cruisers are on the lake? I think it is a very small percentage of the boats on the lake. Also, I am not sure many bars have upgraded their docks. I can only think of a couple that I would consider parking to be convenient for this size boat. There are many restaurants I wouldn't tie a bayliner to their docks.

Now the size of the performance boat on LOTO has increased over the last few years!

Either way, LOTO is a great place and I love all the boats.

Last edited by fountainboater; 04-02-2015 at 10:42 AM.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:37 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,736 Likes on 1,228 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
and the answer Alex is: What sounds like a James Bond movie?
Yes indeed, but the expression "Live and let live" came long, long before that Bond movie, which featured (if memory serves) an incredible stunt with a boat (Calson/Glastron) jumping a levy.

See what I mean? It all comes back to whatever boat you love. So live and let live.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:42 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Live and let live.
Doesn't apply to damage, Matt.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 126 Posts

What I meant was.... EVERYTHING is getting bigger. People that are buying are stepping up, not down. In our area of the lake (17mm) boats less than 40' are slowly being taken over by the larger ones. Like 25 years ago a 25' boat was a monster, no longer...

To answer your question, drive the coves from the Toad to Tan-Tara, there is a HUGE amount of boats that are in the 50-60' size now. I Don't know the actual number, but on any given weekend in Evergreen Cove or Golf Ball Cove, they are lined up. This does not even count the ones that never leave their slips....

Just for grins, stop by the Marina's that carry the Large boats, see what they have in Stock, I think you will find they are carrying less inventory, but larger sizes and amenities.

The Bars and restaurants, you are correct, there is a handful that cater to the really big boats. they know who their clients are and have made it more conclusive for them to visit. The others, the Captains back up, drop off, wait outside the docks, then return to pick them up once they are done with food, etc...

Yes if you take the "entire" lake, it is a small percentage. But like I stated those that are now buying.... Are stepping up so in years to come... It will become the Norm.

Lets face it... In all reality, a 19' Bayliner Capri is all anyone really needs... But why do we have what we have? because we can. Its not what you have, it's what you want everyone else to see what you have...
Old 04-02-2015, 10:52 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,736 Likes on 1,228 Posts

Originally Posted by Keytime
No, it applies to legality and rights to the waterway. Wake damage is about personal responsibility and liability." Each owner, regardless of vessel, is responsible for the responsible operation his vessel.

Live and let live" is about access to the waterway. That's all. But to judge or condemn a vessel with legal access to the waterway simply based on its "type" is a mistake. The yacht guy hates the go-fast guy, the go-fast guy hates the PWC guy, the PWC guy hates the sailing guy, and the sailing guy hates everyone on or in the water (except swimmers).
Old 04-02-2015, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BH,

I agree with the above in that sense. If gas prices stay "low", size may rise a little quicker!
Old 04-02-2015, 10:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Keytime
Table Rock is MUCH quieter...

Just mess'in with you... There is no question that as things continue to evolve changes will needed to be made in every facet. I am sure the same conversations were made when the first 40 showed up at the lake. Then 50, then 55, then 60 then 65...

Those that have the gold make the rules.... Always been that way, and I am sure it will continue...

Until then... we all have to Embrace change.... Or make a change of our own.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:09 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
No, it applies to legality and rights to the waterway. Wake damage is about personal responsibility and liability." Each owner, regardless of vessel, is responsible for the responsible operation his vessel.

Live and let live" is about access to the waterway. That's all. But to judge or condemn a vessel with legal access to the waterway simply based on its "type" is a mistake. The yacht guy hates the go-fast guy, the go-fast guy hates the PWC guy, the PWC guy hates the sailing guy, and the sailing guy hates everyone on or in the water (except swimmers).
Completely agree. I'm for all those types of vessels sharing the water responsibly. From my vantage point on LOTO, it seems to be difficult for vessels of that size to do just that. That's really my point. I feel there is a fine line between annoyance and damage. Personally, nobody habitually annoys me on the lake whether they be go-fasts, pwc's, blow boats, swimmers, etc. I feel my mind is pretty open. But damage is damage.

Good discussion. By golly, if I can get just one cruiser to not plow...
Old 04-02-2015, 11:14 AM
Registered

I think the only thing that will stop the size expansion is getting them into the lake itself. They are already dismantling the boats to get them here ie: Fly bridges, drives etc... You can only trailer up to the size of the road it is coming in on.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:15 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by bajaholic
Table Rock is MUCH quieter...

Just mess'in with you... There is no question that as things continue to evolve changes will needed to be made in every facet. I am sure the same conversations were made when the first 40 showed up at the lake. Then 50, then 55, then 60 then 65...

Those that have the gold make the rules.... Always been that way, and I am sure it will continue...

Until then... we all have to Embrace change.... Or make a change of our own.
Definitely. In reality, the world doesn't spin around us. We have to adapt and that's what we've done at our place with a heavier/stronger dock, regular maintenance, and bulk dramamine.

Improvise! Adapt! Overcome!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.