Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   any one heard of the new 2003 f350 ford (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/32473-any-one-heard-new-2003-f350-ford.html)

boot 09-09-2002 02:00 PM

Also both fords and both dodges were manual trans with 3.73 rears . the 2002 dodge has 3,55's and manual.

Strip Poker 388 09-09-2002 06:22 PM

boot is the 26000 gvw. what truck do you have and whats been done to it.

what is the next step above the 3500 chevy or ford f350?

boot 09-09-2002 11:35 PM

Rob , I have a 2002 F350 crew cab single rear wheel . The towing I talked of was all with the truck stock . I now have the Western diesel "pro shot kit on it . 3 stage chip , 4" stainless exhaust , ram air , turbo brake, and gauges . Haven't pulled "the big load " it that way yet .My boat is still apart .

I beleive chevy makes a 4500, 55000 , and 6500. But they are bigger trucks .
Ford makes a 450 and 550. I think that the 1 ton trucks are more then enough if they are set up right . Unless your pulling an 80 ' magnum !!:D I'm pulling a very heavy 39' cat thats 12' wide and I run 85 mph no problem.

IF you want a ford , I would wait if you can and get the new motor . IF it comes out ......... Either way , The 7.3 will do great if you need it now .
Hey I'll sell you mine if you want ! 12000 miles , 19-20 mpg, PLENTY of power !:D LIke new ! Also has Goose neck hitch in bed .LAriet package , FULLY loaded with everything ! I have $43k in it .I'll take $35,500 . It's absolutly perfect and runs great . Never used for work . I am selling only because I am building a Kenworth motor home to tow the boat with and buying a normal pickup to drive .

Strip Poker 388 09-10-2002 06:30 PM

boot was the comparison on the ford 2002 and chevy ,did the chevy have the duro max nad were they both stock. your test shows the ford faster?every body talking that the chevy is stronger?i think the ford will be cheaper.
the truck that i have know is a 96 6.5 gmc,102,000.miles ,timming turned up and a diode in it to build more boost, k&n filter.this is better than stock but still the weakest truck out there. also with all the injector pumps problems on these 6.5 . i am ready for a new truck with a good warrenty.trying to buy the strongest pulling truck posb, dont like slowing down on hills.wish they made a 6 door dually.

boot 09-10-2002 08:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Rob, Yes the Ford and chevy were stock and the same years .The chevy has the duramax with the alison auto the fords have manuals . I think the allison trans eats a lot of power . The chevy's have been dynoing 204- 210 hp on the ground . The fords are around 245 on the ground . Honestly the fords do have a touch more power . I know I'm going to get bashed by the chevy guys now ! Sorry ! Thats the facts . I drive them and set them up every day . The new ford 6 liter , when it comes out , will realy be tuff to beat . They have been testing it for 4-5 years now so I'm sure it will do what they claim .

WHat ever new truck you buy will do a good job . all 2002 models run good no matter who made it . It will be night and day over what you have now .

I haven't seen a 6 door yet but I have had a few stretched ones . This is not mine .Just one I found !!:D Will this do the job ??