Mph lost goin to b max drive from xr drive

Notices

Mph lost goin to b max drive from xr drive

Old 04-03-2015, 08:56 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
it may just be a lateral move. Going to the smaller prop on a taller ratio is going to benefit from having a more efficient prop in the water. What you lose in parasitic loss you may gain back in less prop slip. (I have nothing to back any of this up . . . . just trying to be an optimistic fellow boater lol)
If one agrees with Dave they will almost always be right... So I concur.
Old 04-04-2015, 06:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Running 31 p 4 blades r 30 p 5 blads prolly going to start off with 24 p 4 blades and boat is a93 it a side by side with no step
Old 04-04-2015, 07:11 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

24s are way to low. DRop two pitch sizes and try that. I've ran BMAXs on several boats and that's about where they all landed. Side note, did you find used ones or buy new??
Old 04-04-2015, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm guessing 5-8 mph loss It will be interesting to see. The 1.36 gear is going to hurt you as it is a torque reducer. That long with the additional drag of the bigger upper gears will result in a speed decrease. Search for Dockman Rich's thread on his findings when he installed them on his 37AT. If I remember correctly, he lost almost 10 mph.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Biggus
I'm guessing 5-8 mph loss It will be interesting to see. The 1.36 gear is going to hurt you as it is a torque reducer. That long with the additional drag of the bigger upper gears will result in a speed decrease. Search for Dockman Rich's thread on his findings when he installed them on his 37AT. If I remember correctly, he lost almost 10 mph.
On a 500efi BT I had, it was only a few ticks slower than a bravo boat. Now that was with sportmaster lowers and labbed props to be honest. I get what your saying though on the torque reduction
Old 04-04-2015, 10:00 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

you lose torque in the gear change but dont you recover that (or some) by spinning a smaller prop?
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 04-04-2015, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You will be running 85 mph when you are done, guaranteed. You will not be happy with the results and as far as being stronger, not so much. Unless b max has stepped up their game since the new owner you won't find much support either. Had them on an 02 ts tg with 750's and xr -2's and ran 104 gps, broke many, many drives and switched to b junk = 87-88 mph and both cases leaked. It is defiantly not a lateral move. I believe they are a 1:31 gear ratio not 1:36 and that is the only gear set you can get. Went from a 32 pitch down to a custom cnc 27 5 blade. Talk about a waste of money. Don't make the same mistake that others have made. If you want to run big power and don't want to spend the money on Ssm conversion ( which is the only way to keep drives alive). You need to buy brand new xr drives every other year and sell off the old ones $$$$. Good luck
Old 04-04-2015, 10:36 AM
Registered

I
Originally Posted by cig92
You will be running 85 mph when you are done, guaranteed. You will not be happy with the results and as far as being stronger, not so much. Unless b max has stepped up their game since the new owner you won't find much support either. Had them on an 02 ts tg with 750's and xr -2's and ran 104 gps, broke many, many drives and switched to b junk = 87-88 mph and both cases leaked. It is defiantly not a lateral move. I believe they are a 1:31 gear ratio not 1:36 and that is the only gear set you can get. Went from a 32 pitch down to a custom cnc 27 5 blade. Talk about a waste of money. Don't make the same mistake that others have made. If you want to run big power and don't want to spend the money on Ssm conversion ( which is the only way to keep drives alive). You need to buy brand new xr drives every other year and sell off the old ones $$$$. Good luck
New owner John purchased the company in 2010. Lots of changes as the originals were lacking IMO

1.31 was standard but you can now get 1.50 gear ratios. Calling the new owner of the company's product junk would be quite a farce. He has some nice upgrades for XRs as well.

http://www.bravoshop.net/
Old 04-04-2015, 12:36 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by cig92
The current BMax company should not even be compared to the way Bmax used to be run.
I would trust John to do any type of work on my boat. He stands behind his work.
Old 04-04-2015, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 105 Posts

24 outlaw 84 with bravo 1.36, 78 with bmax 1.30

25 eliminator 122 with 1.36 bravo and imco stand off box (it was basically a nicer version of the stern jack), 112 with the 1.30 bmax wo the box.

Those were all with the standard bmax lowers and with the old bmax when dean owned it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.