Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Question about sport fish yachts (specifically Vikings). >

Question about sport fish yachts (specifically Vikings).

Notices

Question about sport fish yachts (specifically Vikings).

Old 04-10-2015, 09:45 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

about pulling the top off. we got the bridge off a 34 silverton in an hour and a half. 6 bolts and the wiring. i looked at my 34 hatteras and gave up before i started. a ring of screws 2 inches apart all around the perimeter of the bridge. filled and painted in. of course i only had a 300 mile drive rhode island to s. jersey. and i know it is a whole nother league being a 25k boat that has depreciated to a 10k boat. but it was built by hatteras so i don't think that one will be easier to de-bridge than mine...
Old 04-11-2015, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do not make your first shade down cruise through the Panama Canal, the previous poster is correct as to the hours on the motors and the crazy fuel cost as well as the fees to use the Panama Canal, as well as the three weeks it would take you, I guess you could fish.
Old 04-11-2015, 08:39 AM
Registered

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Come on rat, I wouldn't say Viking is the bayliner if sport fishing. Of course there's better but it's all relative. Vikings are well built, priced decent and have stood the test if time from what I've seen. I mean, I get you can get serious about sport fishing and get into some crazy high end stuff but he's not buying to compete. He's buying to go out on the back side if the islands and do a little fishing and mostly hang out with friends at the islands. Nice all around boat for the needs. Plus he's been out of one a few times and enjoyed the ride, quality and comfort.
ok i over stated, its the baja of the sport fish world, decent construction, mediocre attn to detail, average in most repects, btw in that price range i think a post is a much better looking boat...
Old 04-11-2015, 08:45 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by iliveonanisland
ok i over stated, its the baja of the sport fish world, decent construction, mediocre attn to detail, average in most repects, btw in that price range i think a post is a much better looking boat...
Just out of curiosity..... How old are you?
Old 04-11-2015, 09:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by OldSchool
its ratman, im 55 and a half...
Old 04-11-2015, 10:05 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by iliveonanisland
Have you ever been on a Viking ? Or a Post? I still think you analogy to Baja is not analagous to a Viking, I don't own but I have been a Viking but I have been on Luhrs, Ocean, Viking, Pacemaker (30 years ago)....I have been through Rybovich, Hatteras, Bertram Sport fishing boats before, while I am not an expert, I do this, Viking has their **** together, builds a nice boat, with great attendtion to detail.

You analogy assumes that the money is unlimited, hell if that where the case I would have American Custom Yachts (ACY) 72' that would be nice, and the fastest Sport fishing boat out there.

http://www.americancustomyachts.com/on-the-water.html

But the reality is I cannot afford a Viking or a ACY, I would think your Baja analogy would better suited maybe Luhrs or Ocean Yachts, definitely not Viking.

Your earlier bayliner analogy was retarded, but you retracted your statement with Baja, we all have opinions, I just do not agree with yours.

Tank go get that Viking....

Last edited by Smarty; 04-11-2015 at 10:13 AM.
Old 04-11-2015, 10:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Smarty
Have you ever been on a Viking ? Or a Post? I still think you analogy to Baja is not analagous to a Viking, I don't own but I have been a Viking but I have been on Luhrs, Ocean, Viking, Pacemaker (30 years ago)....I have been through Rybovich, Hatteras, Bertram Sport fishing boats before, while I am not an expert, I do this, Viking has their **** together, builds a nice boat, with great attendtion to detail.

You analogy assumes that the money is unlimited, hell if that where the case I would have American Custom Yachts (ACY) 72' that would be nice, and the fastest Sport fishing boat out there. But the reality is I cannot afford a Viking or a ACY, I would think your Baja analogy would better suited maybe Luhrs or Ocean Yachts, definitely not Viking.

Your earlier bayliner analogy was retarded, but you retracted your statement with Baja, we all have opinions, I just do not agree with yours.

Tank go get that Viking....
yes, yes, been on all the boats you mention and fished most of them with the exception of the acy. i whole heartedly agree on your opinion of the luhrs and ocean, but i personally dont think as much of the viking as you do. i guess its like an old muscle car, some may love the 69 camaro other not so much...
as far as the money goes id rather buy a five year older higher quality boat that was well cared for than say a new ocean, but thats just me...peaceout
Old 04-11-2015, 10:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by OldSchool
btw how u liking ur cig cc now that youve had it a while?
i hurt an engine on my manta 32 first time our so dont have an opinion yet on how im gonna like my cc yet. rm