Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Four Winns Unlimited U-17 duoprop >

Four Winns Unlimited U-17 duoprop

Notices

Four Winns Unlimited U-17 duoprop

Old 10-25-2016, 11:51 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're asking a performance question about a FourWinns. Your questions provides the answer.
Old 10-25-2016, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LaughingCat
You're asking a performance question about a FourWinns. Your questions provides the answer.
What do you know about this??
Old 10-25-2016, 01:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bentherb4
I'm sure there aren't a ton of people running these, but maybe a few?? I purchased this blown up and stored outside for a period of years. I completely restored the boat and am just starting to run the boat. The engine is about 425HP. The duoprop set is F-9. I didn't add much weight to the boat so it shouldn't be a factor. Okay, now for the issue. The boat runs great with the trim all the way down. I am getting 62 on gps with 4 ppl on the boat and full of fuel and the same with just me and lower fuel. When I start to trim the drive up at all the boat starts to wobble. It doesn't feel like a chime walk and its "building" so you don't wait long before you trim right back down. I was able to get up to 65 by adding trim and making a long slow turn. I looked over the bottom and there isn't anything unusual for a production boat. Boat sets close to perfectly level by itself in the water. Boat handles waves at speed fine with great attitude. Has anyone else run into a similar issue with either a U-boat or maybe a Donzi 16?? I don't think trim tabs will do much, unless they make them skinny and 18" long so i can still turn the drive and get tab in the water... Any input would be appreciated.
Originally Posted by LaughingCat
Wow! You must not have one.