is mercury ever going to release a 400+ hp outboard >

is mercury ever going to release a 400+ hp outboard

Notices

is mercury ever going to release a 400+ hp outboard

Old 04-11-2015, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Nastybug
That would be nice but if you need the sport master lower for going over 85mph you can't get it for the 350 yet. Haven't heard if it will ever be available. I would imagine in time they may do something. Would be nice.
i run low 70s with stock 300 rudes so dont think and extra 100 ponies would bump me to 85 mph.
Old 04-11-2015, 06:47 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello, Im building a new boat with the Merc 400Rs. Just got word that my motors are being delivered to Skater factory beginning of June. Originally it was supposed to happen in March some time. They were ordered at the Miami Boat Show by the Skater people face to face so I gotta believe Im at the front of the pack somewhere. The only boat I know of that has them is the M29 DCB for a while now but I think he got them pre production for testing a bit.
Waiting to see that Skater you're building. It looked awesome in the construction process, best wishes.
Old 04-12-2015, 12:54 AM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
Waiting to see that Skater you're building. It looked awesome in the construction process, best wishes.
Thanx Comanche, I appreciate the kind words. I Cant wait for it to get done. Its my first Skater and Ive always wanted one. Its really cool being the first owner of the new model. It is based on the 30 foot hull only widened with a different running surface than the regular outboard based hulls. No notch in the back by the transom. The strengthened transom lets them hang the motors 12 inches back on brackets. There are a lot of differences and Hope it runs that much faster than the other hull. In theory it should but nobody knows whats gonna happen until it hits the water.
Old 04-12-2015, 01:07 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanx Comanche, I appreciate the kind words. I Cant wait for it to get done. Its my first Skater and Ive always wanted one. Its really cool being the first owner of the new model. It is based on the 30 foot hull only widened with a different running surface than the regular outboard based hulls. No notch in the back by the transom. The strengthened transom lets them hang the motors 12 inches back on brackets. There are a lot of differences and Hope it runs that much faster than the other hull. In theory it should but nobody knows whats gonna happen until it hits the water.
When you run by Tuckers, give a quick glance towards the outside deck, that will be me waving giving the thumbs up. Again, hope its all you expect it to be and more.

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 04-12-2015 at 01:14 AM.
Old 04-13-2015, 12:03 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
When you run by Tuckers, give a quick glance towards the outside deck, that will be me waving giving the thumbs up. Again, hope its all you expect it to be and more.
Hey Comanche, Where are you located and where is Tuckers. Thought it was on the mainland but I'm seeing it in LBI and Wildwood. Thought it was a boating type bar. I grew up on LBI whole life during the summers. Steve
Old 04-13-2015, 12:19 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

The only boat I know of that has them is the M29 DCB for a while now but I think he got them pre production for testing a bit.
The (1) of the new Mystic 3900CC has a set of (4) on her....
Old 04-13-2015, 12:31 PM
VIP Member

Hey Dean, Totally forgot about that one. Its been all over the internet. Watched it a ton too being there isn't much out there. Ive been in personal contact with the guy who owns the DCB. He has been very helpful with info I may need in the future. Nice guy too. It has been nice to get direct feedback on their performance as I wait for mine to arrive. He said they run awesome and pull real hard up to about 105mph before they showw any sign of slowing on the way to 111. Steve.