Youth Movement: Upstate Powerboat's Phil Hess

Notices

Youth Movement: Upstate Powerboat's Phil Hess

Old 04-11-2015, 08:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunrocket24
Where are the pics of the original Cafe he restored with 650's and Konrads finished and ready to go?? He said he would post pics when it was done. The paint on the 1992 Gun looks great but I also want to see the finished Cafe.
I picked a few things apart, he probably wont post them.... for the 80,000.00 restored Cafe, I would have expected new cooler lines at least for trans and engines, or at least make them look good....still never saw a build sheet to support 650 HP on a gen4 454 block... 650 is a big claim on that base....

Last edited by Full Force; 04-11-2015 at 09:06 PM.
Old 04-11-2015, 09:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Oddly enough "upstate powerboats" is not registered as a legitimate business in the state of NY according to the govt. website.

NY state law requires all for profit businesses to be registered to operate legally in said state.

Basically a "side job" operation.

Probably not a great idea to showcase your under the table operation publicly.
Old 04-11-2015, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 568 Likes on 340 Posts

An over condident under skilled paint slinger getting undeserved press.

JMO
Old 04-11-2015, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know any side of the story, but I sure hope all these negative comments being mentioned here are 100% legit; it would be pretty bold to take down a young guy on a site like this if they weren't....

Not taking sides here, just making an observation.....
Old 04-11-2015, 09:24 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by chris21hope
I don't know any side of the story, but I sure hope all these negative comments being mentioned here are 100% legit; it would be pretty bold to take down a young guy on a site like this if they weren't....

Not taking sides here, just making an observation.....
there would not be any negative ones if there was not a history, he will pinpoint me being the bad guy even though many others say things also... Then the things he accused me of last week that made me look like a horrible person makes him look even worse if he is a buisnessman you never out harsh comments on a public forum, he has lots to learn...

I give him 120% credit for drive and 150% credit if passing bs off to a few people... Let's see the 38 top gun thread happen with extreme details .... Not gonna happen.. He has to his the progress so we can't see what's really happening...
Old 04-11-2015, 09:29 PM
Registered

Thanks Matt. A happy customer called you because he's happy with a job done by Phil. Thanks for a great story. Keep up the great work. Love what you do for our sport. Artie
Old 04-12-2015, 04:47 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Whether you care for Phil or not, I gotta give props to Matt for having balls and thick skin. He knew when he wrote this that his ass was going to get hit with flaming arrows, but he thought it was a story to be told, so he told it. If I see you this summer at boyne or wherever, tell me what you drink and the first ones on me!
Old 04-12-2015, 06:39 AM
Registered

I guess you have to take that whole website with a grain of salt.
Old 04-12-2015, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am in no way taking sides here but it does seem odd that in today's world someone trying to start a business would not have a website or have it linked to a yellow pages database or something. If you google search "upstate powerboat" you only get hits on this site or powerboat listings where he has been trying to sell his boats. You get similar results if you search for his phone number but nothing that looks like an official business website or anything that shows a legitimate business.

I have a lot of respect for the younger generation that are still willing to wrench on cars and boats and actually learn a trade. A lot of kids his age are siting in front of Xbox 8 hours a day! I wish him all the luck but if he wants to avoid a lot of this BS either stop promoting a business that doesn't exist or be honest and explain what is really going on!
Old 04-12-2015, 08:31 AM
mmb
Registered

Zero Paitience just put 6's on one of the rarest Top Gun's ever Made and The owner has spent a small fortune restoring it... Thats doesn't get an article????

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/c...comes-six.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.