Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Youth Movement: Upstate Powerboat's Phil Hess >

Youth Movement: Upstate Powerboat's Phil Hess

Notices

Youth Movement: Upstate Powerboat's Phil Hess

Old 04-12-2015, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

The constant negativity from the "experts" and internet bullies here on OSO makes me sick. Be glad there are still young people even interested in this silly game we play. Without driven young guys like Phil taking the ball and running with it, this sport would die before you know it. Heck, the kid's only 21. Good luck Phil!
Old 04-12-2015, 09:21 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggus
The constant negativity from the "experts" and internet bullies here on OSO makes me sick. Be glad there are still young people even interested in this silly game we play. Without driven young guys like Phil taking the ball and running with it, this sport would die before you know it. Heck, the kid's only 21. Good luck Phil!
It's not at all about his drive, it's about how he was and still is.... he is extremely cocky for a guy that did 2 boats, one supposely came out nice, the other not so much, unless you are blind...

I personally never took away from his drive, just quality of work...
Old 04-12-2015, 09:47 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
It's not at all about his drive, it's about how he was and still is.... he is extremely cocky for a guy that did 2 boats, one supposely came out nice, the other not so much, unless you are blind...

I personally never took away from his drive, just quality of work...
are you looking to buy one of his boats? If not think stfu already.... plenty of people in the marine industry do shoddy work and still are in business. If its not up to your standards ghen dont buy it. I remember a top gun that had its drive holes cut crooked yet it left the factory. How many painters think they do great work? Theres one around here everyone thinks is awesome, i wouldnt let him paint a fence... Ive seen varying degrees of rigging from so called reputable shops... give it a rest, youre becoming the ohio version of commanche36...
Old 04-12-2015, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 597 Likes on 242 Posts

Has anyone seen the actual birth Certificate to prove Phil really is a American Citizen ?
Old 04-12-2015, 10:10 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
are you looking to buy one of his boats? If not think stfu already.... plenty of people in the marine industry do shoddy work and still are in business. If its not up to your standards ghen dont buy it. I remember a top gun that had its drive holes cut crooked yet it left the factory. How many painters think they do great work? Theres one around here everyone thinks is awesome, i wouldnt let him paint a fence... Ive seen varying degrees of rigging from so called reputable shops... give it a rest, youre becoming the ohio version of commanche36...
Again... I am one of MANY that spoke about his hackwork, go attack others come on, single every single one out not just me.... you Phil supporters crack me up like I was the ONLY one to say chit... let him do a full restore on your boat then.... lets see the result...I gave it a rest until he personally attacked me....don't forget... it's the internet take the good with the bad guys.... get over it... I won't say another word, but keep bustin my azz I will defend myself...

Last edited by Full Force; 04-12-2015 at 10:14 AM.
Old 04-12-2015, 10:23 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Full Force
Again... I am one of MANY that spoke about his hackwork, go attack others come on, single every single one out not just me.... you Phil supporters crack me up like I was the ONLY one to say chit... let him do a full restore on your boat then.... lets see the result...I gave it a rest until he personally attacked me....don't forget... it's the internet take the good with the bad guys.... get over it... I won't say another word, but keep bustin my azz I will defend myself...
im not supporting phil, im supporting his right to persue a business that america affords him the right to do. If his work is shoddy and he doesnt make it then its on him. I work on millions of dollars of cars weekly, i see things that factorys overlook on every car. I would be willing to bet that if all of us looked at your boat that 100% someone would be able to find something that they would have done differently, in thier mind better than you. But you did it to your own standard, so go ahead defend your standards, but there others that will deem them low. Then at that point youre no diff than phil.

Last edited by offshoredrillin; 04-12-2015 at 10:26 AM.
Old 04-12-2015, 10:33 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

im not supporting phil, im supporting his right to persue a business that america affords him the right to do. If his work is shoddy and he doesnt make it then its on him. I work on millions of dollars of cars weekly, i see things that factorys overlook on every car. I would be willing to bet that if all of us looked at your boat that 100% someone would be able to find something that they would have done differently, in thier mind better than you. But you did it to your own standard, so go ahead defend your standards, but there others that will deem them low. Then at that point youre no diff than phil.
Then so be it, I am not showing my boat off to support my buisness that does not exist... I all for youth going after it and wish the whole country was a little more driven, the lies and crap work we saw on cafe made my opinion what it is, if he was honest would have went a different direction.... You guys hating on me is absolutely no different then me hating on Phil, kinda seems a little hypocritical no? Thought so... Carry on...
Old 04-12-2015, 10:42 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Dont add emotion to my posts, im not angry merely pointing out how diff people do work. In nearly every type of business in society there is always one that will be percieved as better. Many times by quality many times by price... its still all just subjective opinion.
Old 04-12-2015, 10:44 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Dont add emotion to my posts, im not angry merely pointing out how diff people do work. In nearly every type of business in society there is always one that will be percieved as better. Many times by quality many times by price... its still all just subjective opinion.
All good, I just defend when people can be screwed that's all, when you get screwed it sucks and he's gonna walk all the way to the bank... That don't sit well with me... That's why i say stuff
Old 04-12-2015, 10:47 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so enough about his work I don't care about that. Yes this is America and everybody has the right to start a business. Is his business legal? Does he have a Tax ID number? Does he pay taxes? Is his shop OSHA compliant?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.