V12 Allison for sale

Old 04-12-2015, 10:10 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

That things cool !
Old 04-13-2015, 05:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A Jersey Speed Skiff is set up that way, and those things haul A$$.

Dean
Old 04-13-2015, 07:41 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

I reckon it's awesome. I would like a lounge room big enough to keep it inside with the hatch removed, just to impress guests!

RR
Old 04-13-2015, 02:32 PM
Registered

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by soggy bottom
A Jersey Speed Skiff is set up that way, and those things haul A$$.

Dean
better take another look at a jersey skiff as the cockpit in one ends at the transom, and they dont have 7 or 8 ft of drive line stuff behind the cockpit, nor do they have a 1500 lb V12, that probably probably has another couple hundred lbs of exhaust and other gear on it to marinize it... i bet it rides like h3ĺl, the fuel tanks must be even further forward jn front of that monster engine
Old 04-13-2015, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 204 Likes on 81 Posts

Back in the old days of Enduros, the west coast guys put a couple of these Allison engines in a large version of an SK boat.

Rudy Ramos put one in a Rayson Craft that was around 21 feet. Most boats of that era were 16 or 18 feet long with 428 Ford engines in them. Anyway Rudy entered it in the Salton Sea 500 mile race and when the water kicked up with the afternoon winds, he just ran away from everybody. There was another Allison powered boat entered in that same race, don't remember how he finished. Time period was late 60's.

Clarification. Only one Allison per boat....just wanted to make sure that is clear. They ran with Casale Vee Drive units.
Old 04-13-2015, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Banana
Back in the old days of Enduros, the west coast guys put a couple of these Allison engines in a large version of an SK boat.

Rudy Ramos put one in a Rayson Craft that was around 21 feet. Most boats of that era were 16 or 18 feet long with 428 Ford engines in them. Anyway Rudy entered it in the Salton Sea 500 mile race and when the water kicked up with the afternoon winds, he just ran away from everybody. There was another Allison powered boat entered in that same race, don't remember how he finished. Time period was late 60's.

Clarification. Only one Allison per boat....just wanted to make sure that is clear. They ran with Casale Vee Drive units.
hey chaŕlie, its phil ratcliffe. how u doing?

where are you with restoring the cigarette?

on those boats you mentioned they had the engines in the rear of the boat running a casale V drive correct? the boat in the add is well executed, but with only 30 hours on it after all the work and expense to built it screams poorly balanced ill handling boat.
when u raced offshore and carried huge amounts of fuel the boats were still aft heavy correct?

this boat after looking at all the pics and seeing where all the components are located it has to be nose heavy which i assume would make it want to stuff given enough air and hang time...

what do you think? u know a hell of a lot more about boats than i...or most on the board do...
Old 04-13-2015, 09:23 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Put enough HP on a slab of cement and in the right conditions it will haul A$$. I still say that was a very wet ride.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:19 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I heard those motors were relatively cheap back in the day , before my day , lot of people grabbed em up after the war then never figured out what to do with em ,i know a guy who went to a farm to look at a vett and came home with one in a crate , on the trailer. With the supercharger and everything.i dont think he has figured out what to do with it . But you have to give kudos to anyone who tried for giving it a shot