Notices

Big thumbs up to DSM!!

Old 09-07-2002, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big thumbs up to DSM!!

I justed wanted to give a thumbs up to Dick Simon Marine. When we bought our Top Gun from DSM we ordered a new trailer from Pacific Trailers here in So.Cal. Well the trailer did not work because the bunks were catching the steps on the the boat.

Pacific tried half ass fix the problem four times and they still could not get it right. On top of that the welds on the trailer look like **** and the paint is so thin in spots you can see through it.

DSM went to bat for me with Pacific, but they treated both DSM and I like ****. I did not want to have to eat the cash I payed for the trailer to buy a new one that worked, and did not want to deal with lawyers and a court battle.

I talked to Scott Conrad last night, the new owner of DSM, and he is going to order me a new Myco on Monday. All I have to cover is the price above what I payed for the Pacific which is not much because he is also giving me a killer deal on the Myco. He is going to deal with what to do with the Pacific trailer.

I just wanted to let the people of this forum know that DSM is a stand up company. It is good to do business with someone who cares about it's customers.

My.02, stay away from Pacific because they wont stand behind their product.
Old 09-07-2002, 02:02 PM
Registered

Received 2,969 Likes on 981 Posts

I know Scott has taken on a "few" exsisting problems when he bought DSM. From what I've heard he has made everything right even if it costs him money out of his own pocket. You have to commend that.

Tank

By the way, we missed you guys in Havasu for Labor Day. Hope to see you out for the fall Poker run out there.
Old 09-07-2002, 02:11 PM
Registered

I know bro, we wanted to make it out but the trailer problem has been a nightmare. The boat is also getting the gel fixed as well. We should definitely be out there for the Poker run. Myco said 1 month for the trailer but DSM has a shop trailer we can use if we have to.

BTW: We are ordering an aluminum Myco. They had one at their yard that one of the F-2 boats is on. Awesome trailer, can't wait to get it. Talk to later.

Chris
Old 09-07-2002, 02:53 PM
DallasHeat

That's great service! This type of service can be the foundation of a great business for DSM...

Way to go Dick Simon Marine Dick Simon Marine Dick Simon Marine

Old 09-07-2002, 02:59 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Pacific trailers SUCK

I am real close friends with HavasuCig (and Mrs. HavasuCig) I can tell you that the problem with Pacific trailers was a nightmare. We all know that nothing is gauranteed or perfect in life. When you spend over $12,000 for a new trailer, you want it to be right, and if it's not, then it should be fixed right in a reasonable timeframe.
I tried to help with the problem also and all that frigging company wanted to do is make bull**** excuses. The bunks weren't right, therefore the steps (2001 TS Top Gun) were catching on the bunks and damaging both. You literally had to put the trailer in way too deep to get the boat to float off. The problem with that is that you had to put your truck (HavasuCig's new '02 F-350) in the salt water.
The trailer was in the salt water once (yes 1X) and it was rusting already. I'm not talking little rust spots either, but big ones. You could literally see through the paint in alot of places. The welds looked like a high school shop class did the job.
DSM probably orders 10-20 trailers form them a year ( HA--NOT ANYMORE) -for the past few years. I don't know why the hell Pacific wouldn't make this right--especially when the trailer was purchased by DSM to sell with the boat. I doubt they will buy any of their trailers now. If Pacific was my company, I would have fixed it right--the first time and gained a happy customer. Now they screwed themselves. They just don't know the power of OSO. I (we) are warning our friends here of the problem with Pacific Trailers, so you don't have to go throught this ****. HavasuCig purchased this boat 3 months ago and have only used the boat maybe 3-4 times because of this whole rediculous problem that could have been avoided if Pacific stood behind their product.
I hope you all really don't take this post lighty, because the B.S. that they went through for that trailer was unbelieveable. I really hope you all consider another trailer manufacturer when looking for a trailer.
Old 09-07-2002, 03:14 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Wise choice.... I don't think you can go wrong with a MYCO. Afterall....It is going to be carrying your baby...You want the best.

Glad to hear something good about a Company for a change!

Great Customer Service Dick Simon Marine.

I knew I put you on here for a reason: Dealer Links

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 09-07-2002, 07:57 PM
Registered

Myco.... PULL IT IN STYLE
Old 09-07-2002, 10:29 PM
Registered

Glad to see you got things straightened out and that DSM is taking care of you...

See you at the Havasu poker run....
Old 09-09-2002, 06:30 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Congrats on the trailer! Just curious, what's the update on your swim platform issue?
MD
Old 09-09-2002, 07:50 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Man Havasue Cig you must be getting discouraged with all the BS you are going through with that thing

Quick Reply: Big thumbs up to DSM!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.