my favorite apache 41 is on ebay at bargain price >

my favorite apache 41 is on ebay at bargain price

Notices

my favorite apache 41 is on ebay at bargain price

Old 04-16-2015, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
I KNOW I'll take crap for this but there's this thing about purchasing big ticket items done of you may have heard, it goes: never buy emmotionally or "with your heart".

I have to say, I love apaches as much as the next guy but quite frankly, they're overpriced. 26 year old ex race boat? I'll take a 16 year old non race tiger for half the cash. Most would consider being beat to death on the race course a bad thing.

You guys are nostalgic and love the mystic of apache (as do I). But it's not that shocking no one has bid on it. The market is tiny and takes a fanatic that'll justify the price when compared to equal(ish) boats. Plus most of the fanatics either A) can't buy it because it's too much or B) already own an apache.

Sorry. Just devils advocate.

I'd still love to own it.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o61592-en.html

Not sure a 16 yr old Tiger will be "half the cash"
Old 04-16-2015, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

That much for a 1999 huh? Good, hope they get it. I'm listing a 2003 Top Gun Lipship edition this weekend or Monday. For just a little more money someone can have an 03 with recently rebuilt 750's, newer interior and new IMCO SCX drives. Like I said, just a few more bucks..
Old 04-16-2015, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 3,018 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o61592-en.html

Not sure a 16 yr old Tiger will be "half the cash"
Hahah. You may have found the highest priced 99 gun on the market! Lol.
But yes my half price was an exageration.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

IMO

A tiger and Allez Vite are not comparable....

As far as price--- start pricing things out to put a boat of that caliber together...

Then take a twin step gun out in lake Michigan and try to keep up with Allez Vite.... There would be bravo based parts in a pile, and possibly some fibreglass.

Don't get me wrong, I like new boats also, but I respect boats like Allez Vite for the machines they are---
Old 04-16-2015, 09:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by tim mccray
Awesome boats but I agree, has to be someone really into them and not care about the age of the boat to drop that kind of coin. There are a lot of newer boats you can get for that price, actually for less. Not sure why these always go up for sale with big price tags, they don't ever seem to sell, you'd think that would be a hint.
ride in one... you will get it haha
Old 04-16-2015, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
ride in one... you will get it haha
says the mistress owner that can relate to how solid apaches are lol... the mistress is the 41 apaches daddy. i believe the 41 apache is basically a stretched out mistress
Old 04-16-2015, 09:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by delsol
IMO

A tiger and Allez Vite are not comparable....

As far as price--- start pricing things out to put a boat of that caliber together...

Then take a twin step gun out in lake Michigan and try to keep up with Allez Vite.... There would be bravo based parts in a pile, and possibly some fibreglass.

Don't get me wrong, I like new boats also, but I respect boats like Allez Vite for the machines they are---
Totally agree...can't compare them at all...
Old 04-16-2015, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

the set up on allez vite is probably worth 25k... that boat is dialed the f in...
Old 04-16-2015, 10:12 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

If I priced that old boat out it wouldn't come out to 120k. The parts aren't even worth that. They don't even make that stuff any more, wet sumps? What year did they stop making those boats? You start talking about a Tiger then you want to take a Top Gun out on lake Michigan to go up against the Apache? Don't see the point. Or did you mean to say put the Tiger up against it?
Old 04-16-2015, 10:12 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Steve's boat is awesome! To be honest I hope it doesn't sell. That just means I have more time to buy it....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.