Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Hardy Dam---exelent turnout... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/32533-hardy-dam-exelent-turnout.html)

jagrlg24 09-08-2002 06:48 PM

Mr.Gadjets
I saw the footage on WZZM tonight I hope everyone recovers. What did the boat look like that caused the accident? By the way I saw you leaving the beach in GH last sunday, Sharp boat. Jay

WETTE VETTE 09-08-2002 07:15 PM

Yea Red Stripe, I was helping my buddy who was frustrated with the way his Check was running. After trying for a couple of hours to get some of his kinks worked out I decided to head up river and see what was happening. I managed to hit 93 MPH a few times on GPS and at some point the recall said we did 93.6. The boat ran very well and those speeds are pretty good for 85 plus degree heat and having a passenger and gear on board. Your boat looks nice and if my friend gets serious I will send you an e-mail and maybe we'll take another ride up there. I hope the people in the accident are going to be OK. I saw numerous other close calls, but most just involved boats getting out of shape trying to run in to rough of conditions. I know it is hard to hold back sometimes. Mr. Gadgets, nice boat!!!!

hoodlum 09-08-2002 08:33 PM

New to OSO last week, I was hoping to meet some of you at Hardy. Unfortunately, it just didn't work out.

Wette Vette, you launched right in front of me on Sat. but I didn't realize it until later. I was in the purple Outlaw. You're ride must be a blast at 90+. WaterFoul saw your boat anchored off Brower but it was gone on my way back (nice taste in boats).

Spent most of Friday night supervising (drinking) while our group installed a Port drive on the '38 Fountain Sport Cruiser. All the effort was in vane as it only made it in the water for 15 minutes or so when it returned to the trailer with two sick motors.

Saw the rescue chopper over the campground Sat. night, and the reckage of the victimized boat this morning. YIKES! Thank God everyone is going to be alright!

Tinkerer 09-08-2002 08:38 PM

KAAMA--- Sorry I missed you. I was down at the cove untill later in the afternoon. When I made the run up to Browers you had already left. I have NEVER run my boat so hard as this weekend.

Would you believe that I burnt out both thermocouples for my EGT. Lost the Port engine one on saturday and the starbord one on sunday. Ran from Parkers landing all the way to the dam at WFO. WOW. Raced a SUPERCHARGED 31+ ft Fountain for a large portion of that distance and SMOKED him. WOW his boat is fast.

Not sure is I would be faster than him on flat water. With my HEAVY boat I never have to let off the throttle at hardy no mater how bad it gets.

KAAMA 09-08-2002 10:01 PM

So Tinkerboater, both of your engines are toast then???

BK 09-08-2002 10:04 PM

Well, we made it to Hardy Dam! Thanks to everyone who posted with info before we left Indiana. What a gorgeous lake you have up there. And the boats! Wow!

So sorry to hear about the accident Sat Night :( Hope everyone will be ok. What a bummer ending to a great day.

We cruised up river to the sand bar and were surprised to actually know a few people there - some old old friends and some recent friends. We stopped for a while and chatted with the Indiana Rapid Craft owners -- great people! Hope to see them again sometime.

The homemade wooden tunnel was awesome too.

On our way back toward the dam later that afternoon, out of the corner of my eye.... I spotted a boat with the word "WATERFOUL" painted on the side....

We cruised up in our red 23' Mirage Mod-VP, and I shouted to the guy walking behind the "WATERFOUL". He shouted back:

"I'm not him"

.....but then said he was WETTE VETTE! :D

It was really cool to meet you, Craig. Just wish we had more time to hang out. Sorry we missed WATERFOUL. Maybe next time? :(

We saw a white Scarab with geometric designs in pastel colors on the way back -- is that an OSO boat?

We certainly had a great time at Hardy Lake --- hopefully we can make a few more trips that way in the near future!

Thanks again to everyone for their help getting there!

BK

Waterfoul 09-08-2002 10:04 PM

KAAMA, I think you mis-read. As I understand it from Steve, he simply burned up his EGT senders.

Waterfoul 09-08-2002 10:26 PM

Originally posted by BK
On our way back toward the dam later that afternoon, out of the corner of my eye.... I spotted a boat with the word "WATERFOUL" painted on the side....

We cruised up in our red 23' Mirage Mod-VP, and I shouted to the guy walking behind the "WATERFOUL". He shouted back:

"I'm not him"

.....but then said he was WETTE VETTE! :D

It was really cool to meet you, Craig. Just wish we had more time to hang out. Sorry we missed WATERFOUL. Maybe next time? :(

We saw a white Scarab with geometric designs in pastel colors on the way back -- is that an OSO boat?

BK

Yeah, that was my boat....had some minor trouble early in the day and thought it better to just hang with some other OSO'ers. Thanks a lot Whitey for the ride. I owe you big!!

And that Miami Vice colored 34 Scarab is in fact our own Tinkerboater!!!!! Man is that thing loud!!!!

29scarab 09-09-2002 06:24 AM

What a day!!!

Really enjoyed finally meeting you KAAMA!! Thanks for showing us the way! Hope you get the boat running!

Wette Vette, nice meeting you and your friends. Sorry we had to leave so early. Glad to hear your boat ran so well. At 3.00$ a gallon I think I would have parked it for awhile also! You've got a BAD A** boat! Did Mark get your ice-chest to you?? Thanks for offering us a ride!!

Waterfoul, very nice to meet you. Sorry about your boat problems.

Have a good one!!:D :D

KAAMA 09-09-2002 06:44 AM

BTW, I did not spell "exelent" correctly as it should be "excellent". I tried to edit it originally, but I guess it won't let you edit the heading.

Anyway, Craig/Wette Vette, I hope you got your cooler back. It was around 2PM and I had to leave so I just left it under that tree and didn't really think anyone was going to mess with it----hope that was the case.

Mike/Waterfoul, yeah I think you're right---it was Tinkerboater's EGT sensors that he was speaking of.

Wished I could have hung around a little longer. Anyway, I should have my boat running by this coming weekend---I think :rolleyes: