Image of the Week: Fun Run Poker Faces

Notices

Image of the Week: Fun Run Poker Faces

Old 04-22-2015, 09:53 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,736 Likes on 1,228 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
So I guess I should comment on this jackass thread ( LOL ) in case some are under the mistaken impression that we were not out having fun. We had a fantastic weekend start to finish of our annual FMO weekend at the Sarasota Hyatt. When that pic was taken we were in a high traffic area of the ICW with boats all around us and a couple of them coming at us on the wrong side of a fairly narrow waterway. So if you wonder why the concerned looks, you need to see more than the narrow frame of that picture. Those that know me are well familiar with how serious I take looking out for for my crew and other we share the waterway with.

A couple of the guys on the boat made a nice donation to FMO’s charity to ride, 3 of them rode up from Marco Island on their bikes to join us for the lunch run to Tarpon Pointe ( 1 was on his first go fast boat ride and was just blown a way in amazement ), and it was pure pleasure to have Charlie McCarthy aboard. Charlie and HORBA donated a Searace book for auction at our banquette later that evening raising another $2,000.00 from generous club supporter Kevin Primmer. Now that a better story to tell than worrying about why the boys are not smiling at a moment in time.

For those with concerns of “where are the hot chicks” I can tell you most of the wives and girlfriends chose to stay behind relaxing at the Hyatt pool, some went to the spa, some went shopping ( can you imagine that ? LOL ) and some went to an art show. As an event organizer I have lost count of the number of guys that have called me over the years to make sure a certain photo of him and his boatload of girls did not make it to print. Then there was the guy who who liked the pic so much he wanted the girl photoshopped out of the picture ! LOL So with both Jay and Pete on the bridge and floating around in various boats shooting pics throughout the weekend ……. well you get the picture.

Well that is all the time I have for this. I am in Columbia, SC on my way to Canada with a car and a scheduled stop in Pittsburg this evening to take in the Penguins / Ranger playoff hockey game.

Carry on. LOL

Bob
All in good fun, Bob, my tone was tongue in cheek.

That said ... I've seen that exact picture more times than I can remember. Only the faces change.

It was meant to be light—not to be taken seriously (I save the serious tone for serious stories)—and fun and funny. Even the headline is light.

I was poking fun. If that offended anyone on board, I'm sorry. Humor is like that. It usually manages to offend someone.

As for anyone who actually cares about how many girls there are in a given boat (and I think everyone who commented on this thread was just having fun), two words.: grow up.
Old 04-22-2015, 12:09 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

No offence taken Matt. I'm good. I did stick a few LOL's in my post and think I may have been taken a bit too serious. I was perhaps a bit defensive as we work hard at FMO to provide our membership with a fun experience and the image presented projected just the opposite. Being on the west coast of Florida there is this misconception that its just a bunch of stogy old folks when our group can party with the best of them. LOL And we do have the best boating waters in America !

All the best and we do enjoy and appreciate what you do to promote our sport.

Bob

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 04-22-2015 at 12:12 PM.
Old 04-22-2015, 12:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob- "Fellas, I think we forgot to put ice in the beer cooler we left on the dock"
Old 04-22-2015, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
It also tends to be ... reality. A lot more cockpits are filled with men than women. I know, it's a sad fact. But after viewing, editing and selecting thousands of photos, it's one I've come to accept.
Oh I know, im just kiddin around.

Now that we know what they are actually looking at we understand why the semi worried looks on their faces, I would be the same way.