Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Hey Michigan Guys / I-SCREAM BOAT (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/32548-hey-michigan-guys-i-scream-boat.html)

HiPerf2000 09-08-2002 11:50 AM

Hey Michigan Guys / I-SCREAM BOAT

Does anyone know the History of a 95 35 fountain that was named "I-SCREAM"....(as in Ice Cream). It apparently was an ice cream business owners boat....it had paintings all over it of little ice cream cone dudes with feet running.

My buddy just bought the boat from Trenton Marine in NJ. But it was originally from the MN area.

Has a Thunder Marine sticker on the back, and a RPM engines sticker in the engine comp.

Has 800's in it with Imco Extremes.

Any history on this boat would be helpful. We would actually like to ask the previous owner some questions about the boat.

Thanks

jagrlg24 09-08-2002 02:22 PM

hp2000,
Does the boat have a giant eyeball then SCREAM down the side?

Waterfoul 09-08-2002 02:27 PM

I believed it belonged to the owner of Cedar Crest Dairy here in Michigan. I happened to be at the shop where he had it maintained a few years back and the mechanic told me that the owner liked to run it hard. So hard in fact that he kept a spare drive with him at all times. If he blew one, he simply put the spare on and kept boating. Brought the broken one to the mechanic to be rebuilt, etc... Must be nice to have that kind of dough.

jagrlg24 09-08-2002 02:36 PM

yep, that's sounds like the guy I know. As I understand it that boat has never finished a poker run, they would always finds a weak point. I haven't seen the boat at Torch this year, former owner keeps it in Elk Lake on a lift at his cottage. If you want to contact him email me and I'll give you his #. That boat ran 96 last year this weekend at the Hardy Party.

hoodlum 09-08-2002 08:42 PM

Summer before last we saw him limping in from the North end of Torch with a broken drive.

Sounds chronic.

boot 09-08-2002 10:18 PM

THat sounds like the one I saw on the advertisment for some painter in this area . At the NY boat show ,the guy is always there . I think he said he painted it for the guy if it's the same one . Has ice cream cones painted ALL OVER IT !! :eek: I think he said he painted it around hear . MAybe NY or NJ .

McGary911 09-08-2002 10:34 PM

i think i remember seeing a pic of this one about a year ago.......pretty funky looking if i recall......anyone have a pic of this one???

HiPerf2000 09-09-2002 07:36 AM

Thanks for your help guys.....this is the same boat.

He had the marina take off the name and the paintings before he bought it, but you can still see them in the right light......What the hell was this dude thinking when he did that to such a beautiful boat?

We picked the boat up on Friday, launched her around 7:00pm, and had blew a drive by 7:20pm. We hit the tattletales on the tachs, and the highest tach reading was 3400.

We called the owner of the marina where he bought it, and told him what happened. They were all at the AC boat show for the weekend, so no one was around to help my buddy out. So saturday we had to take the boat back, pull the drive ourself, and take one off another boat that was there for sale. Then the Latham didn't match up to the other drives cap, so we had to then swap caps....what a mess. They are going to rebuild his old drive for him.....So at least they are making good on the deal.

Oh yea....while we were changing the drive, the fork driver starts talking to us and says.....i can't believe it broke, they had the boat out yesterday and it went over 100mph. :rolleyes: i said....nice of them to beat the snot out of it before we pick it up. :mad: i wonder what kind of damage can be done to a drive catching air at 100 :rolleyes:

HiPerf2000 09-09-2002 10:39 AM

Thanks jagrlg24. :D

You Got Mail

jagrlg24 09-09-2002 03:40 PM

That is absolutely the same boat. HP2000 I just sent you a PM I have to say I am not surprised the drive went away. I think your buddy should talk the marina into buying the drives and then pay the difference for a set of B-MAX'.:D Jay