Notices

Tuff 28 throwing down!

Old 09-05-2015, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 534 Likes on 330 Posts

any new vids of the Tuff 28 with an outboard?

Old 10-25-2015, 10:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pro27
Just wondering what the weight,and deadrise of the hull is in the video.Is there anything under the front deck,as far as cushions or bunks of any kind.

The more I watch video off your boat the more I wanna just say screw it and go IO have to say last video I saw your boat looked very very very well behaved at speed! I've been thinking when it's time to repower instead of going E-tec G2' Raves maybe do a 725 limor with your IMCO drive what's your thoughts on that pro27 I'm assuming it's gotta be cheaper then buying a new boat and hell I love the hull?
Old 10-25-2015, 11:07 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I/O is the way to go boat handles and runs great[ATTACH=CONFIG]546954[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Tuff 28 throwing down!-image.jpg  
Old 10-25-2015, 11:13 PM
Registered

I/O is the way to go boat handles and runs great[ATTACH=CONFIG]546954[/ATTACH]
Dam I knew you where coming didn't expect that till next year however! NICE!!!!! Honestly only thing holding me back is one engine where I boat if it goes things could end very badly. However to get the most performance wise out of the 27 IO is without question the way to go....... In your research and I know you actually do research did you look at the Ilmor?
Old 10-25-2015, 11:27 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No did not look at Illmor,very happy with my whippled Mercury set up,oh that's rite you have an issue with Mercury.From what I've seen and read Illmor does make a pretty good product,just not many dealers for back up support.
Old 10-25-2015, 11:52 PM
Registered

No did not look at Illmor,very happy with my whippled Mercury set up,oh that's rite you have an issue with Mercury.From what I've seen and read Illmor does make a pretty good product,just not many dealers for back up support.
No problem with merc I just refuse to buy a product from a company that doesn't stand behind there own product. In my professional career I deal with a lot of engine manufacturers and when I say a lot I mean way more then most guy's on here or scream and fly. If any of them did what merc did to me I wouldn't deal with them either so I can't justify doing so in my personal life. However the CEO of Able has a big ilmore in his ski boat and loves it and there's a local dealer near my beach house that works on and sells them they would handle the warranty and basic maintenance. Biggest issue for me was finding a performance boat mechanic that I could trust to handle the rigging. Thank god for these sites without them I would have never met my tech or should I say he would not of decided to save my ass.

Last edited by Omni Present; 10-26-2015 at 12:09 AM.