Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Helicopter crash at Lake Cumberland (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/32560-helicopter-crash-lake-cumberland.html)

Intolerant1 09-09-2002 11:01 AM

Let me get this straight. A guy looking at naked women dove to deep and is now has his equipment stuck at the mouth of Beaver Creek ?

In all seriousness, glad nobody got hurt. Ive seen a helicopter crash and cleaned up afterward. Not a pretty sight.

sha- mat 09-09-2002 11:07 AM

In a situation like this, or one involving a boat, do agencies like the Coast Gaurd, EPA, ect. get involved with fines and clean up bills?

Just curious

Glad they are ok.

Blonde Cig Chick 09-09-2002 11:10 AM

Wow! I'm glad to hear they are both ok. Was it the smaller black helicopter? We were in the 42' Outerlmits "Rock-It". He was right next to us for a while and was definitely quite close to us. When we got back we heard that one of them had gone down, but wasn't sure which one.

Scary to say the least :eek:

Sea Ya 09-09-2002 11:43 AM

Someone who overheard a conversation with one of the victims said the water got completely dark before they got out, maybe 50 feet. My depth sounder showed 123 feet deep at the site. One was back that evening, the other spent the night in the hospital and was transferred to another location the next morning. Second hand info. Glad the're OK.

PhantomChaos 09-09-2002 11:47 AM

Maybe they should wear life-jackets during the poker runs too! Makes sense to me.

290PQ 09-09-2002 12:06 PM

Yes it was the black one.
They were both wearing inflatable life jackets, It seemed like they were under for 20-30 seconds before they popped up, so I would bet they could have been at least 50' down it sank very fast!!!
It was a sight i will never forget!!!!!!!!

SummerObsession 09-09-2002 12:30 PM

Intolerant1:
That was some funny sh*t!!
:D :D :D :D
It takes a warped mind to put that all together in that way. I respect and admire that!!

BAJA WILL 09-09-2002 03:57 PM

Troutly,

Yea, people think POWERBOAT ins is expensive, HA HA HA. Ours are privately owned, lots of fun just really need to be paying attention.

WILL;)

US1 Fountain 09-09-2002 05:17 PM

Originally posted by cpqtim
Thye may have been distracted just prior to this. They were over my boat and were filming flashers in the boats next to us.
THAT WAS OUR GROUP! In a 34 Power Quest.

BadDog 09-09-2002 09:08 PM

Jerry,
Looked all over down there for you. Did not think to look for anything other than your Fountain. Cindy and I will catch you all down there in the spring. I thought that the Rock-It boat was one of the best looking ones out there. We anchored up at the island by Beaver creek and watched them come by from the shore, when Drambuie on Ice went by you could feel the water shake. After the last card stop the falls were rockin! Rumor has it there will be another river Fun Run this year.

Tim T.

Is your tag line sort of like a Bravo warranty against rocks?