Notices

Running too rich?

Old 09-08-2002, 08:30 PM
blackhawk

Default Running too rich?

I thought that my dirty transom was because of extended idling through no-wake zones. Well, yesterday my boat idled for 10 minutes and my transom was still dirty.

Has anyone had their ECU re-programmed on a bone stock engine? Is there any performace gains? I will do it just to keep my boat clean but if I am running rich I would think there may be some small performance gains(and maybe better fuel economy)

Any feedback and who do you recommend. I see Arizona Speed and Marine here a lot.
Attached Thumbnails Running too rich?-dirty-transom.jpg  

Old 09-08-2002, 09:15 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Headers and a K and N flame arrestor and the film will be gone !!!!
Old 09-09-2002, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The headers and K+N will lean it ever so slightly enough to clean the transom and a MSD will make a cleaner more complete burn at idle and have the same effect. Search the board I haven't heard many good things about ASM reprogramming for this problem.
Old 09-09-2002, 10:17 AM
blackhawk

I remember reading a few threads and it seemed that quite often the re-programming was incorrect. That's what scared me! I thought of the filter and exhaust but it's a lot of money with no real performance gain(at least that is what I have read). Did you guys get any performance out of it?

Thanks