If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Running too rich?

I thought that my dirty transom was because of extended idling through no-wake zones. Well, yesterday my boat idled for 10 minutes and my transom was still dirty.

Has anyone had their ECU re-programmed on a bone stock engine? Is there any performace gains? I will do it just to keep my boat clean but if I am running rich I would think there may be some small performance gains(and maybe better fuel economy)

Any feedback and who do you recommend. I see Arizona Speed and Marine here a lot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Charter Member #1171 Charter Member obnoxus's Avatar
    My Boats:
    New Lenox , Il
    Headers and a K and N flame arrestor and the film will be gone !!!!

Platinum Member Platinum Member
    My Boats:
    fuel injection, superchargers
    PA and MD
    The headers and K+N will lean it ever so slightly enough to clean the transom and a MSD will make a cleaner more complete burn at idle and have the same effect. Search the board I haven't heard many good things about ASM reprogramming for this problem.

I remember reading a few threads and it seemed that quite often the re-programming was incorrect. That's what scared me! I thought of the filter and exhaust but it's a lot of money with no real performance gain(at least that is what I have read). Did you guys get any performance out of it?