Another Ft Laudedale Marina closed.....

Notices

Another Ft Laudedale Marina closed.....

Old 05-03-2015, 05:34 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Funny when we go on vacation, we have a rule: don't eat at any restaurant that we have at home!

I gave a up on one occasion, Cedar Point, Sandusky OH....we ate at the Fridays.......not much else in that town!

The BBQ place on the lake was good, just didn't want to eat there twice in one day!
With my previous career I travelled a lot. I thought it was sad that when we were flying low coming in for a landing I'd see the same 'ol signs on the strip malls as I did at home. As a small business owner I make it a point to support my local businesses whenever possible, even if I have to pay a bit more I'm establishing relationships that serve me well in the long run.
Old 05-03-2015, 05:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

2% based on tax assessed value
Old 05-03-2015, 05:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Boating wasnt what it was 20 years ago let alone 10 years ago. You have a boat if you live on the water and trailer it otherwise. The marines up near Boynton are roughly $500 to $600 per month. Every other person I know is paying close to $1000 a month for rack storage and people pay it for their 38 center console in Broward without even blinking an eye.
Old 05-03-2015, 06:13 PM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by Powerquest230
Curious as to how property taxes are based in that area- on value of property based on current use or best use. Mom n Pop and service businesses on waterfront property with best use valuations have a tough battle.
Property is currently assessed at 4mm, taxes are 92K a year

http://bcpa.net/RecInfo.asp?URL_Folio=504214160780
Old 05-03-2015, 06:19 PM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

For those who have never been to Southport Raw Bar, here are some photos, the marina is next door (right side)
https://www.google.com/maps/place/So...89ade6!6m1!1e1
Old 05-03-2015, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
For those who have never been to Southport Raw Bar, here are some photos, the marina is next door (right side)
https://www.google.com/maps/place/So...89ade6!6m1!1e1
Haha ive eaten lunch there years ago and didnt know it was hallowed ground, i remember the view and the hand railing on the deck...
Old 05-03-2015, 07:05 PM
Registered

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
Pretty soon this country is going to be one homogeneous string of corporate entities. No more personality, each town will consist of Home Depot, Sports Authority, TGIF's, Applebys, Michaels, Cheesecake Factories, Wallmarts, Staples, Hampton Inns, CVSs, et al. Stay home folks, same sh!t, different place.
That being the case, who do u think will be the national tittty bar chain, the doll house or scores? Thx, rm
Old 05-03-2015, 07:12 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

I live + work in resort towns...resedential is worth a lot more than commercial....therefore residential takes over commercial.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:13 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by iliveonanisland
That being the case, who do u think will be the national tittty bar chain, the doll house or scores? Thx, rm
Rat's Place...hasn't been trademarked yet
Old 05-03-2015, 07:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

There are at least a couple of important truths here. First, the big guy isn't making any more lakefront property these days. Second, the land a marina sits on is generally worth much more than the business that sits on the land. The marina I work for sits on some of the most expensive lakefront in the country. (Canandaigua Lake in New York State.) There's simply no way that anyone would ever be able to come to this lake, buy lakefront property, get the required permits to build and then build and run a marina - and ever make any money on it. And if you think anybody wants a marina moving in next to them ... Now if one were to sell an existing marina, we're talking "nice retirement package." So this one doesn't surprise me at all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.