Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Coming to the left coast 20th to 29th,what to do? >

Coming to the left coast 20th to 29th,what to do?

Notices

Coming to the left coast 20th to 29th,what to do?

Old 09-10-2002, 10:35 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big time boat racing

Sept 19-22 there is the Thunderboat Regatta in San Diego Mission Bay about a 1:45 hour drive from Ananheim.
They will have Unlimited hydroplanes The Bud and 10 more like it.. bunches of other classes will take part in this fest, e.g.
Practice and qualifying for the Budweiser Bill Muncey Cup will begin on Friday, September 20 with the finals scheduled for Sunday, September 22. The Budweiser Bill Muncey Cup will be televised on ESPN2 on Sunday, October 13 at 530 PM (EDT) featuring the Laughlin Formula One P.R.O.P. Tour Presented by Bud Light and on November 24 at 100 PM (EDT) featuring the Budweiser Unlimited Hydroplane Series.
In addition to the Unlimited Hydroplane and Formula One races, this year's San Diego Thunderboat Regatta will include the Unlimited Lights, NJBA Drag Boats, Cracker Boxes, Super Stocks, Stock Hydros and SST 45's. Full web coverage, live from the event will begin on www.hydroprop.com starting Friday, September 20th!
Have fun (You will stay out of trouble there)
marc
Old 09-12-2002, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

gdfatha,that looks like one Hooters I want to stay the hell away from

Come one west coast folks,I have but one week to plan out my vacation activities,more suggestions please.These holidays are few and far between for me(dam business ownership)and I really want to do it up right while I am out there.
Old 09-12-2002, 08:41 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Airpacker I think you just picked a bad week when lots of them are bussy. That sucks because they are always GREAT hosts.

Jon
Old 09-12-2002, 12:18 PM
Tom
Registered

It depends on what you like to do. Send a list of things you like and I will try to come up with a list. Without knowing where to start it is hard to make suggestions. There is a new Church downtown LA that is the biggest west of the Mississippi. It has huge tapestries made by John Nava and is worth seeing. The Getty Museum is awesome, Magic Mountain has great roller coasters, Beverly Hills is nice, marvel at the endless traffic jams, you name it we can find it for you.

We already have one BatBoat ride scheduled, but you coujld bring tons of money and we could go out every day.

Tom
Old 09-13-2002, 02:40 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Originally posted by Audiofn
Airpacker I think you just picked a bad week when lots of them are bussy. That sucks because they are always GREAT hosts.

Jon
AirPacker .. we're not being rude or anything ... it's just that your dates are so far out ... out here, it's hard to plan our casual boating that far ahead.

I think I'll have my boat in the water on the weekend of the 20th and should have room for one more to make a lunch run. If my boat is full, I'm sure I can get someone to make room for you Right guys ???

Since you'll be in Anehiem, you can go to the Big Ed and watch the 1st Place Angels play

For sure, go to Disneyland

Keep us posted

G
Old 09-13-2002, 04:05 PM
TulsaLarry

Here's an idea:

http://www.zx-12r.org/Funny%20Stuff/holiday.pps

Old 09-16-2002, 07:19 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tom,I am really looking forward to my first ride in a "Bat Boat".as for money,sure,I'll bring lots,I hear CA is a pretty expensive place
As for the question of what do I like to do,dam near anything that can raise pulse or blood pressure I rented a rag top for the week because someone told me thet driving the coast highway is a must do.Ya ,we are gonna do the disney thing somewhere along the line.
Cig1,lunch run?sounds good to me,I'll buy.
Dates so far out there?you left coasters are laid back aren't you Hell,I know dam near every boating date I can squeeze in in a summer months in advance as far as my schedule,outside the 27th,28 and 29th,anything is pretty much open.

Thanks for the offers and please believe me when I say that I never thought that anyone was being rude,a little laid back maybe but not rude
Old 09-16-2002, 07:03 PM
Tom
Registered

Airpacker,
When are you arriving? I did a test run yesterday and am ready as soon as we can go. I don't work so any time is great.

G,
About that lunch run. Where are you running from? Maybe we could join you and Airpacker could ride two boats the same day. We could even go Saturday to the Thuderboat Regatta on Saturday and go out into the ocean from there. I could trailer up a reasonable distance like Dana Point or ?

Tom
Old 09-16-2002, 07:06 PM
Registered

Uhhh, did somebody say LUNCH RUN this weekend??
Old 09-16-2002, 07:34 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Default Bat Boats at San Diego

If you guys could pull it off, you would really be a hit if you could run around the course to show off those great boats.
Here is a shot I took at St Cloud~
marc
Attached Thumbnails Coming to the left coast 20th to 29th,what to do?-p4072168-.jpg  

Quick Reply: Coming to the left coast 20th to 29th,what to do?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.