Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Active Thunder Getting ‘Defiant’ With New 29-Foot Bowrider >

Active Thunder Getting ‘Defiant’ With New 29-Foot Bowrider

Notices

Active Thunder Getting ‘Defiant’ With New 29-Foot Bowrider

Old 05-08-2015, 06:50 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

To clarify the price point issues raised, retail is $154k with the 250 Verados. I look forward to my first full retail sale!

Our target, out-the-door, is around $125.It won't have any add-ons you need to buy with the exception of nav. stuff.

You need to compare it, apples to apples, with the 32+ footers for length since it is.

Does that sound a little better?
Old 05-08-2015, 06:57 AM
Registered

Received 886 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder

Does that sound a little better?
No.....it sounds a lot better!
Old 05-08-2015, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read on social media the msrp on closed bow was going to be 150k with twin 300XS (Supposed to do 80mph). That is MSRP. I would believe people are going to love the open bow for a little more and join the cult. I think this is great..outboard boats is a great thing for someone who wants room... and the reliability compared to big blocks.
Old 05-08-2015, 11:27 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,234 Posts

Originally Posted by jusabum
I agree. The concept is really good, but the price and execution is way off. The price is too high and the look is a sport deck with a hole cut out...design the boat as if its a sporty bow rider at an affordable price and you eliminate 2 road blocks. The trend now is luxury Center Console Fish boats: Nor-Tech, Statement, MTI, Cig and the rest... do follow the rest, LEAD!!
To your point on "execution" ...

The danger with providing "work in progress" images is that they lead to assumptions on the finished product. Most bowriders built by performance-boat companies are created exactly this way (as shown in the images). They start as closed-deck sportboats that get "cut out." Once the deck piece is finished, most builders will create a dedicated bowrider deck tool from it. It's expensive, of course, but amortized over a period of years it actually saves money in labor and (to a lesser degree) materials.

But most new bowriders from performance-boat builders do, in fact, start this way. While it is impossible to please every customer, Active Thunder has an outstanding overall reputation for its finished products. There is no reason to doubt this model will not continue that legacy.

As for the price issue, I think Patrick Haughey of Active Thunder clarified it. The numbers I mentioned in my earlier comment came out of conversations Mr. Haughey and I had regarding the closed-deck 29 with larger stern drive power and larger outboards.

Last edited by Matt Trulio; 05-08-2015 at 11:35 AM.
Old 05-08-2015, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

Man, this is all me! This gets me closer and closer to convincing the family to go to a go fast boat!!
Old 05-08-2015, 12:17 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The sold the crap out of the Envisions at LOTO a few years back...I'd think the AT would be a much, much better product.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Apexwarrior
I like it!

Yes, the trend is CC, but why do the same thing everyone else is? To me, this addresses the primary reasons a go fast guy looks at a cc. Outboard reliability, more passenger space and comfort. The only thing really different is no top. A 33 with triples sounds awesome to me and would get my attention.
I agree! To me that is the sweet spot. Big enough to handle rough water and small enough to get 80's out of outboard power. Will have to be closed deck for me though.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:06 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by turbo rr
I agree! To me that is the sweet spot. Big enough to handle rough water and small enough to get 80's out of outboard power. Will have to be closed deck for me though.
Already made a 33AT with outboards a few years ago. Nothing impeding building the 33AT with the same style cockpit; and the walk through has potential too.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]540839[/ATTACH]

http://sportboatmag.com/2012/03/14/active-thunder/

The aforementioned boat was custom built as a tender to a larger ship. The owner requested the 'engine room' to remain intact for fender storage when rafting the larger mother-ship.
Attached Thumbnails -active_thunder.jpg  
Old 05-08-2015, 02:45 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

See...thats what I am talking about. mid 70's with mild power and great fuel consumption? Winner in my book. I wonder why not much orders?
Old 05-08-2015, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the additional information Active Thunder. At that price point, it sounds like a home run. I really like the out of box design in an offshore boat. Hope it's a success.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.