Notices

OPGP viability???

Old 05-14-2015, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by foxbat
even since trulio published it, information has remained a vacuum. based on the silence, and nebulous answers by leadership, it appears this will be a sarasoata 2015 only event. if that holds true, what happens to sota in 2016? does lucy go in pursuit of JC/SBI after giving OPGP dibs in 15?
I can't remember how long the Marathon SBI contract was. Unless it's a credible org like OPA or SBI that Sarasota chooses, well... this happens. Hopefully poor choices of the past don't end up hurting the charity in the future.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

"The build it and they will come" business model is not going to work. Its been tried how many times now? Big tents, and no boats is a bad show. A bad show is much worse than no show. Boat racers are a pretty loyal bunch. Florida is cover as the Northeast. Time to think outside the box instead of doing the same thing over, and over again.

Do a Winter series, do an Endurance series, just do something different than a big tent and prize money.
Old 05-14-2015, 11:06 AM
Registered

And that is exactly what most fear. The charity and proceeds may be at risk due to the selection process that took place for 15.

Last edited by foxbat; 05-14-2015 at 11:08 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-14-2015, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]541029[/ATTACH]....
Attached Thumbnails OPGP viability???-mcf.jpg  
Old 05-14-2015, 01:44 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

even since trulio published it, information has remained a vacuum. based on the silence, and nebulous answers by leadership, it appears this will be a sarasoata 2015 only event. if that holds true, what happens to sota in 2016? does lucy go in pursuit of JC/SBI after giving OPGP dibs in 15?
There,s always OSS .Arent They are still in the game ?
Old 05-14-2015, 04:21 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Come on guys lets show some respect and quit beating a dead horse, well in this case a dead camel.... Lets all have a moment of silence for OSS part 2, they came in with high hopes, lots of promised money and sooo much promised professionalism, then couldnt get out of the gate. RIP OSS part 2, prayers and thoughts go out to you
Old 05-14-2015, 04:47 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Aqua Banshee
"The build it and they will come" business model is not going to work. Its been tried how many times now? Big tents, and no boats is a bad show. A bad show is much worse than no show. Boat racers are a pretty loyal bunch. Florida is cover as the Northeast. Time to think outside the box instead of doing the same thing over, and over again.

Do a Winter series, do an Endurance series, just do something different than a big tent and prize money.
Winter series, Funny we were thinking of doing a couple races here in Las Vegas, Phoenix, and San Diego with our boats in the winter of 2017... Maybe something IROC style that would be a break from winter and step on no one's toes. Just a thought. mayber I am not the only crazy one. #yearroundracingaddict
Old 05-14-2015, 07:01 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

That is some interesting damn reading there.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And that is exactly what most fear. The charity and proceeds may be at risk due to the selection process that took place for 15.
That should of been thought about a long time ago. To late now the horse is out of the barn.

SBI has a 3 yr contract with Marathon.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:12 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

I reserved rooms in Marathon and Sarasota long ago. I will choose at the last moment.

I love the Sarasota venue, and it's much more spectator friendly, but I have a soft-spot for Marathon as I won my very first race there in 2004. I hope that the eventual decision is tough do to the boat counts and show.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.