Notices

Boat Cover Bird Droppings

Old 05-14-2015, 10:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boat Cover Bird Droppings

Hello,

I just picked up my new boat from storage. The cover is covered in bird poop. It's khaki colored, so I'm afraid of staining. Any suggestions on cleaner to use on the cover? Also, should I use a powerwasher on it or no? The boat is one year old, so I'd like to keep the cover in great condition.

Thanks!

Bryan
Old 05-14-2015, 10:47 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Iosso Mold Mildew and Stain remover. It's a powder, it's expensive, but it's safe for the Sunbrella-ish materials. Mix it up with water, put it in a big Rubbermaid tote with the boat cover, let it sit a while and then rinse with the hose and air dry. Retreat with 303 or Bio-Kleen fabric guard afterward to restore water repellency.

I used one of the giant laundromat washers on the gentle cycle last fall with the Iosso mixture, it worked fine, but you'll get the stink eye if the laundromat has an attendant.