Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Scope Yardhouse Run This Sat.!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/32626-scope-yardhouse-run-sat.html)

Douggie Fresh 09-19-2002 06:14 PM

Gman, We are going to try and make it Sat. I will know Friday afternoon. Clancy is going to the Yardhouse Sat. I will call you.

Douggie

Tom 09-19-2002 09:52 PM

I was going to take Airpacker on Sunday, but several boats sound like fun. How do I get there from San Diego? What time are you meeting? How long will it take to get there assuming I get to Oceanside in an hour? Where do I launch (from the trailer, not launch off the waves:cool:? Can somebody meet me there and help launch and show me the way to Yardhouse? Maybe kwb will volunteer.

Tom

cigarette1 09-19-2002 10:11 PM

Tom ... it would be perfect if you could trailer up to Newport Beach and launch(from the trailer)with me at Newport Dunes.

I figure to launch about 8:00, putt over to the drystack then run up to Long Beach around 10:30.

Newport Dunes is about an hour north of Oceanside, a few miles past the El Toro-Y(Irvine Spectrum), taking the 405 split to Jamboree. Left-south on Jamboree about 3-4 miles to Bayside Dr at the Hayatt Newporter. Right on Bayside and you are there.

G

Tom 09-19-2002 10:41 PM

G,
Sounds great but I can't get up at 6. Maybe we could meet at 10:30 and go together from there. Maybe somebody that likes to sleep in will volunteer to go with me and we can meet you there.

Tom

cigarette1 09-19-2002 10:43 PM

Originally posted by Tom
G,
... somebody that likes to sleep in will ...

Tom

Now that sounds like a job for kwb :D

Steamin Rice 09-20-2002 11:33 AM

Have fun on Sat guys, I won't be able to make it this week. If anybody is going to be around on Sun it looks like we're going to head out from Dana Point and go to either Newport or Long Beach, probably launching in Dana Point around 9:30 or so..

Tom,
If you want to meet up with those guys on Sat, you could probably launch in Dana Point sometime around 9:45 or so and then make it to the breakwater in Newport by 10:30..I think it's about 12 miles or so from Dana Point to Newport.

Airpacker 09-20-2002 12:05 PM

Saturday,Sunday,hell,any day works for me:D
Sure lookin forward to meeting you folks and plying in the big pond.

Sean

cigarette1 09-20-2002 12:06 PM

Sean, the boat is ready. I'm picking it up tonight. :D

DEVIL MAN 09-20-2002 12:17 PM

Hey G....Plans have changed!!!! I am available to go boating on Saturday!!!!! Didn't think I would be on the water this weekend but now it looks pretty good!!! I will see you out there, especially if you are putting by the dry slip.

DMan

cigarette1 09-20-2002 01:16 PM

:cool: