Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
C.O.P.S. Run September 14th! Who's going? >

C.O.P.S. Run September 14th! Who's going?

Notices

C.O.P.S. Run September 14th! Who's going?

Old 09-12-2002, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Zoomnfun,
I guess we'll play it by ear. I'm sure Jack will make the call Friday night. There were some good shots of your boat from the last run.
Dan
Old 09-12-2002, 10:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Candyman

I've been watching this post and the weather channel all week. I didn't want to say I was going to show before I knew what the weather would be. It sounds like rain late in the day but warm. I'll be at Hammond around 9:30. I will trailer my boat this time and I won't be late. Somehow my ears started to burn earlier when I read "I DON'T WANT TO BE LATE AGAIN" comment.

I'll have my 28 Checkmate and 1 son.

If things change my #'s are Home 708-385-5018 South Haven 269-639-1640 Cell 708-476-5018. Hope to see you Saturday.

Roger
Old 09-13-2002, 02:00 AM
Registered

Quiet Storm,
I wasn't referring to Racine run. Are whole group was late to the last Diversey run. It looked like rain and even drizzled a few times that morning. We got a much later start than planed. We made it into the Diversey in time to turn around and go back out. None of us made the drivers meeting. We just followed the pack.

We are leaving Alsip at 9:00 weather permitting. We should make Hammond by 10:30. It looks like the rain may hold off till late in the day Saturday. I'm sure Jack will make the call tomorrow night. So far it looks good. The last run was more like a Poker run unlike the Racine trip. Lots of fast boats flying.

Hope to see you Saturday,
Dan

BTW, Are you doing anything next Saturday the 24th? I was thinking about a lunch run from Hammond to Michigan City. I'll post more on Monday.
Old 09-13-2002, 06:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Candyman

I think it would be great to run to Michigan City Saturday the 21st. I would probably just come down from South Haven. Maybe more boats from the Michigan side would be interested in that run.
Old 09-13-2002, 08:39 AM
Registered

Mr Cig, if Barb and I can make it at all we'll probably meet you at Hammond. We have to bring the dogs (Megan's medication schedule doesn't allow us to be away for extended periods of time) so we'll try to catch up with you after the run. Dave and Barb
Old 09-13-2002, 09:02 AM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Crazyhorse,
Your more then welcome to ride along. The weather is still iffy.
Even if it rains I believe we are still going to drive up to Diversey on Saturday.
If we go by boat there will be plenty of room. We will be at Hammond no later then 10:30a.m.

Let me know what your plans are.

Hope to see you there

Mark
Old 09-13-2002, 10:22 AM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

This Afternoon... Variable winds around 10 knots becoming onshore. Partly cloudy. Waves around one foot.

Tonight... onshore winds around 10 knots becoming southwest. Partly cloudy. Waves one foot or less.

Saturday... Southwest winds around 10 knots veering northwest 10 to 15 knots late afternoon. Partly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Waves building to 1 to 3 feet.

Saturday Night... Northwest winds 10 to 20 knots becoming north and increasing to 30 knots by midnight. Chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves building to 6 to 8 feet by morning.

I think Sunday would be a greatday to have a run!!!!!!!

Mark
Old 09-13-2002, 01:58 PM
Registered

Mark, we'd like to take you up on your gracious offer to ride with you. Please call me or Barb. Barb's work # is 616-786-5018 (til 5pm), home # is 616-738-0474, my c-phone is 616-403-3962. I need driving directions to the Hammond marina. Also need to know what time you'd like us to be there. Thanks. Dave P.S. Being a Searay owner doesn't mean I have to wear a paper bag on my head, does it?
Old 09-13-2002, 02:19 PM
Registered

Due to some unforeseen circumstances I will not be able to attend the run tomorrow. I would like to thank Todd and Steve for the invite to run down with them in a group from Northpoint. I hope that the run is a big success and that the partipants have a great time.
I can't wait for more runs to be organized.
Old 09-13-2002, 02:31 PM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Dave,
No problem you won't need a bag just no shirts with sail boats on them.

I will call you guys and try to give you directions

You will need to be at Hammond at 10:00a.m. on T-dock

You can't miss it, the Fox Hunter is right next to the main dock on T.

Mark

Quick Reply: C.O.P.S. Run September 14th! Who's going?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.