Are any planes flying at all??? >

Are any planes flying at all???

Notices

Are any planes flying at all???

Old 09-11-2002, 10:27 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts
Question Are any planes flying at all???

I know there must be but I was just standing on the roof of the factory here and watching the skys.....NOTHING!!!

I am also on the approach path to Ohare airport and i can normally see three or four planes in formation coming in.......not one today!

I saw one plane way in the distance but it didnt look comercial to me. Looked a bit small and was moving fast......maybe a private jet but who knows!

Just wondering......its actually nice not to have all that jet noise overhead

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 09-11-2002, 10:54 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Everything seems normal here in Orlando, FL.
Check the local media services and no mention of anything out of the ordinary.
Was just outside the heard a larger helicopter pass by, couldn't see it because of heavy overcast.
Old 09-11-2002, 10:58 AM
BK
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The airlines may have been observing a moment of silence......

www.aa.com

Dear AA Customer,

Today marks the first anniversary of the tragedy of September 11, one of the darkest days in U.S. history and, of course, for the people of American Airlines. Today, I will join President Bush in Washington, D.C., for memorial services, and our company leaders will join our people for similar ceremonies in cities around the U.S.

We will also observe a moment of silence on our airplanes and all across our system for those who were lost on September 11, 2001.

This national tragedy has tested all of us in ways that we never hoped to be tested. After all, airlines are the natural enemies of hate. We are the embodiment of freedom and cross-cultural interaction. Airlines tear down walls, blur borders and help erase ignorant stereotypes. We are the engine that powers the free flow of people, ideas, merchandise, hugs, fun and love.

So, on behalf of the entire American Airlines family, I would like to thank you - our loyal customers - for your continued support, and for the many kindnesses you have shown to our employees during this past year. You have given us strength during this time of trial.

Please join us in remembrance on this day.

Sincerely,

Don Carty
Chairman and CEO
American Airlines
Old 09-11-2002, 11:01 AM
Registered

I'm in detroit, and it seems pretty quiet to me too. There was only one I saw all day, and it didnt appear to be commercial, but it was not millitary looking either, more of a transport plane, and I'm in the landing path of detroit metro, there are jet going overhead every minute usually, at a few thousand feet, I haven't seen one yet. Pretty wierd, It brings back memories of how erily quiet it was outside last year.
Old 09-11-2002, 11:18 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Planes are still flying - airlines are running a reduced schedule due to the low passenger demand.

Tim - Supervisor at O'Hare Tower
Old 09-11-2002, 11:33 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It brings back memories of how erily quiet it was outside last year
I live about 6 miles from Orlando International Airport and last September was the first time in 14 years that it's been that quiet.
Old 09-11-2002, 12:53 PM

I heard that there's a 30 mile no fly zone for at least general avaition around NYC 'til Friday.
Old 09-11-2002, 12:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You know, not that I've been paying too much attention, but you guys are right...I'm about 1.5 miles away from St. Pete/Clearwater airport and it has been awfully quiet today...Probably just due to the abreviated flight schedules.
Old 09-11-2002, 01:35 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

I heard on the radio at lunch theres about a 60% reduction in traffic today.....to me it seems more like 90! I have yet to see more then 3 planes today!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 09-11-2002, 02:36 PM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I was just downtown Chicago and there are about 4 Helo's in the air surrounding the city. Kind of weird.

One thing that pissed me off was some TV station had a camera man posted right accross the street from the Sears Tower aiming his camera at the building. Like they are just waiting for that perfect picture of something to happen.

The media has no morals

Mark

U.S.A. is #1

Quick Reply: Are any planes flying at all???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.