Notices

Did Pepsi really do this?

Old 09-10-2002, 12:57 PM
CJC
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Did Pepsi really do this?

Did you see this?

Pepsi has a new patriotic can coming out with pictures of the Empire State Bldg. and the Pledge of Allegiance on them. But Pepsi forgot two little words on the pledge, "Under God." Pepsi said they did not want to offend anyone.

If this is true then we do not want to offend anyone at the Pepsi corporate office. If we do not buy any Pepsi product then they will not receive any of our monies. Our money after all does have the words "In God We Trust" on it.

We want the words "under God" to be read by every person who buys a can.
Old 09-10-2002, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Apparently not?

See this link:

http://www.pepsi.com/current/index.html
Old 09-10-2002, 01:04 PM
Registered

July 2002

A Note to Dr Pepper Consumers:

In February 2002, several news media outlets in the country reported on a special edition Dr Pepper can that was created to show support for the patriotic fervor that has been sweeping America since the tragic events of Sept. 11, 2001, and to show the world that we are a united nation of people who place a high value upon freedom.

Much of the information being circulated on this subject, especially on the Internet, is incomplete or inaccurate. Here are the facts:

The can, released last November, features an image of the Statue of Liberty along with the words "One Nation … Indivisible." The special packaging was designed to reflect our pride in this country's determination to stand together as one. The Statue of Liberty and Pledge of Allegiance were chosen as two of the greatest symbols of American freedom. Only three words were used from the Pledge of Allegiance. Those three words were in concert with the patriotic mood of the nation.

We at Dr Pepper/Seven Up strongly believe that the message on these cans is a resoundingly patriotic message that we are a united nation.

More than 41 million special edition cans were ordered by Dr Pepper bottlers in portions of a dozen states. The limited edition patriotic was retired in February and will not be used again.

Sincerely,
Dr Pepper/Seven Up, Inc.
Attached Thumbnails Did Pepsi really do this?-dplibertycan%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 09-10-2002, 01:05 PM
Registered

I got that e-mail too. I don't believe that stuff until I actually see it! A lot of people just have too much time on their hands and like to make **** like that up.
Old 09-10-2002, 01:06 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 943 Likes on 474 Posts

It wasnt Pepsi but Dr. Pepper and its still not the whole story. Heres the link to the truth about the cans:

http://www.dpsu.com/drpepper_can.html

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 09-10-2002, 01:08 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 943 Likes on 474 Posts

doh! Beat me to it!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 09-10-2002, 01:57 PM
CJC
Registered

Thanks guys.

I thought I was never going to be able to drink Pepsi again!

I still don't know if I like the Dr. Pepper can. Seems like they are still trying to dodge the whole under god thing.

Don't get me wrong. I'm no bible pushin freak. I just hate all these bleeding heart groups that are "offended" by the word god or by the American flag. If they don't like our country, then GET THE F**K OUT!!!!!

............If you want to know how I really feel.
Old 09-10-2002, 02:19 PM
Registered

God belongs in church.

Not on our money

Not in our judicial system

Not in our schools

And not in our government.

The American Flag should be everywhere.
Old 09-10-2002, 02:55 PM
GRH

Originally posted by Ken
God belongs in church.

Not on our money

Not in our judicial system

Not in our schools

And not in our government.

The American Flag should be everywhere.
Sorry Ken..... I agree with the first and last comment and nothing in between.... my opinion.... unlike yours.... God Bless America...

Old 09-10-2002, 03:26 PM
Registered

GRH, No problem

This is America founded by many diff people with diff beliefs, etc, etc.

I am not a big believer in religion, there for I do not want my government to be involved in it. I live by what is right and wrong. "God" has nothing to do with it.

If you are religious, or anyone else for that matter, that's fine, that's your right and I have no problem with it.

I have the right for it not to interfere with my life.

Quick Reply: Did Pepsi really do this?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.