Any outboard dealers on the board >

Any outboard dealers on the board

Notices

Any outboard dealers on the board

Old 06-07-2015, 10:30 PM
Registered

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Any outboard dealers on the board

Why do dealers insiste on Only selling larger outboards if they are installing them? Thx for anyone that can enlighten me, rm
Old 06-11-2015, 02:15 AM
Registered

Bump
Old 06-11-2015, 05:02 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 159 Likes on 89 Posts

I can only speak about Mercury. By our dealer agreement with Merc we are not allowed to ship engines over 20 HP outside our local area. Also we are supposed to complete and sign a PDI (pre delivery inspection) form before handing the boat back to the customer. Not having this could have an impact on the warranty status of the engine.

From a practical standpoint as long as we can take a look at the install and fill out the PDI I don't care who actually bolts it on.
Old 06-11-2015, 09:11 AM
Registered

Mark here is the biggie from a customers point of view. I can buy suzuki and yamaha in the closest beach town to the Island but both come with only a 1 year warranty period and i cant buy any type of extended warranty which im not feeling one bit.
Not to mention a yamaha 300 here will set me back 60k u.s.
The dealers have factory trained techs and they do a nice clean install but that warranty is a deal killer for me!
Yamaha is considered the better if the two makes by the locals and there are a fleet if about 20 boats that run to the Island daily during the peak tourist season. About 1.5 hours each way. The suzuki dealer will seriosly negociate the price the yamaha dealer wont.
Im assuming any manufacturers warranty us good world wide so i would prefer to buy a pair of verados, buy the extended warranty, understate the value a bit and import them and have the local shop do the install.
There are supposed to be a new merc and evinrude dealer un cartagena about two houra away so i could run my boat up and have the merc dealer do the install for me and bring the old engs back on my trailer.
The engines would ship into cartagena from miami!
Take my senco nailgun for example, it sells for a grand in colombia with a 1 year warranty, i bought mine for 320 bucks in the states with a 5 year warranty and it cost me 90 bucks shipping and taxes to get it to me.
Mark what is a good price in the states for the 250/300/350 verados. Thx rm
Old 06-11-2015, 09:58 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 159 Likes on 89 Posts

I sent you an email