Used boat prices/short supply looming? >

Used boat prices/short supply looming?

Notices

Used boat prices/short supply looming?

Old 06-09-2015, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
I don't see used prices going up, seems a lot of these things sit for sell for years. The only ones that are selling new seem to be skater and OL.

Not even sure when the last new MTI was built.

Unless like Jup said, it's a new blinged out 3-4 motor CC. Maybe Pats egg beater go-fast will catch on.
Your out of touch with MTI, They have had their best yrs ever the last couple yrs, including this yr. Building more boats than ever and almost all Big ones. Mostly 48 and 52 cats as well as more orders for CC than they can build. They have actually rented more space because their new building can't keep up. just FYI
Old 06-09-2015, 08:44 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

not sure how it relates to supply but my biz exploded in 09 and has gone up ever since, all older rehabs one after another and all starting with decent boats to begin with not some ratted out derelict. I am actually booking into next year already. Around the end of 08 it was pretty quiet when the econo blew apart and at the time i also had an auto body shop with five guys, that vaporized over night but our main biz was on the used car side through the dealerships around us, kicked out half a dozen cars a day. Around the spring of 09 my boat side started going up and has not stopped, very very busy making the world a better place one boat at a time . . . .
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 06-09-2015, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

1K - I have all the toys for the kids - quads, motorcycles, wake boat etc. and they're more interested in iphones. I don't know if it's a failure on our end or a sign of the times??? Frustrating at times but on the upside their disinterest requires a lot less maintenance - lol!
Old 06-09-2015, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by 44MTI
Your out of touch with MTI, They have had their best yrs ever the last couple yrs, including this yr. Building more boats than ever and almost all Big ones. Mostly 48 and 52 cats as well as more orders for CC than they can build. They have actually rented more space because their new building can't keep up. just FYI
That is great didn't mean to tic anyone off.

Is the CC sells more then the cats?
Old 06-09-2015, 09:09 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

Agree with stuff about kids nowadays, they'd rather sit inside playing on the phone than go out and kick a ball. When I was a kid, I was actually locked outside for a couple of hours a day (unless it was pouring rain) to do something active rather than sit inside and watch TV.

Grew up that way, tinkering with cars and boats, cleaning a carbie or adjusting something in the distributor. Boats and cars don't have them anymore. Kids miss out on a lot of that stuff that has become the addiction for many. They only understand the concepts of 'maintenance free' and 'disposable'.

I suppose they'll never understand the fascination with a hotted up go fast boat and so the market is moving towards the practical things like centre consoles and toons.

RR
Old 06-09-2015, 09:46 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have two college-age children and a 12-year old and their phones are attached to them as if they were born with them as appendages, but my 20-year old would rather go out on the boat with me than do anything else. He is a talented musician and had the opportunity to go touring around the country this summer with some band friends but chose not to because that would have meant no boating for him. He constantly talks about what his first boat is going to be. My 18 year old daughter isn't as obsessed as my son, but she loves the boat and asks to come out pretty frequently. And my 12 year old son who's phone and Xbox are glued to him as well, just asked me this morning if I could take a half day off next week to take him and a friend on the boat. I agree about what seems to drive the current generation, but its up to us as their parents to make them want to see that theres more to life than texting and social media. I consider myself to be very fortunate to be able to spend such quality time with my kids doing what I love and getting them to love it too...
Old 06-09-2015, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
That is great didn't mean to tic anyone off.

Is the CC sells more then the cats?
No problem, just FYI.
I believe Randy told me its about a 2:1 cats over CC. The problem is the CC take alot longer to rig because of all the extra systems involved. I think they have or are going to start another assembly line for the CC to get them out faster.
Old 06-09-2015, 10:24 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

One thing I have noticed from the time of the financial crisis is that the 38 Donzi's and 38 and 42 Fountains with 700 Merc power that were blown out below dealer cost in 2008, 2009, 2010 for $200K + are pretty much holding their value from what they sold for back then. I'm amazed that people selling these very used boats are asking the same prices that they were sold for new 5+ years ago. On the other hand the older OL GTX's with 1075 and bigger power are selling for a fraction of what they going for back in 2008.
Old 06-09-2015, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

So when will MTI or Skater build a CC based on one of their cat hulls?

Someone needs to order one so I can buy it used in 10-13 years!
Lol
Old 06-09-2015, 11:37 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Less new boats starting in 2008 only means less used inventory down the road.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.