Notices

Vhull to under 30' cat

Old 06-18-2015, 03:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Cole2534
If i could swing it, that SOB would be mine by tomorrow.

friend down here has one...goes by redline here I think...he just had an awesome paint job done right befor the tickfaw 200... speed on the water did a write up on it for that and I think speedboat did too a few years ago at desert storm from on of their boat test deals. he could fill you in on them. I know he loves it. I have never been out on it but have seen it in person. the rigging is top notch very clean and neat! love the bildge on them. nothing but motor!!! his is fast that I know!
Old 06-18-2015, 03:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Speedracer29
Hangs lower. More drag.
now that's funny !!! LOL...

here is the article on his new ;paint! COLE2534

http://speedonthewater.com/boat-rest...rpm-26-redline
Old 06-18-2015, 03:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LA thanks for posting. Looks great. I'm sure there's a method to the madness, but why doesn't Skater or other cats have a small cabin/berth even ones down the side like Nortech? Is it aesthetics or performance related? I kick myself in the ass for not getting a cat, but didn't know if the kids were going to love boating.
Old 06-18-2015, 04:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LAriverratt
now that's funny !!! LOL...

here is the article on his new ;paint! COLE2534

http://speedonthewater.com/boat-rest...rpm-26-redline
God that thing is bad, I'd love one of those. I'm going to post up soon and see if anyone will have a smaller cat up at Boyne in a few weeks that would let me check it out. The insurance will probably ruin it for me but I have fun reading about them when I'm bored at work all night.
Old 06-18-2015, 05:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Feverz29
LA thanks for posting. Looks great. I'm sure there's a method to the madness, but why doesn't Skater or other cats have a small cabin/berth even ones down the side like Nortech? Is it aesthetics or performance related? I kick myself in the ass for not getting a cat, but didn't know if the kids were going to love boating.
cats are more about speed. I also think that a cabin probably throws off the cg. there's a lot of weight in the sh!t they put down there.
I have really come to enjoy the cats. I still like the V hull too but for just being out on the water and hauling aZZ the cat wins hands down!!!
Old 06-20-2015, 04:45 PM
Registered

What are some under 30' under $75k cats that have a cuddy?

Eliminator 28 and 27 seem to be the favorites in that size that still have some sort of cuddy. The Nordic Thor is probably my favorite small cat but doesn't look like it has anything but storage.
Old 06-20-2015, 05:46 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

this 25 obsession/eliminator has a cabin and runs 100 .. went on a fun run with it , about 90 miles, in sarasota .. my 1st time in an eliminator type cat .. it handled awesome and there where some pretty rough areas.. and it is fast both acceleration and top end... I always wondered why everyone praised them so much, there awesome boats..... new engine and xr drive and rerig.. wants like 19-20 for it .. IMO it's a give away price.
Attached Thumbnails Vhull to under 30' cat-031.jpg   Vhull to under 30' cat-012.jpg  
Old 06-20-2015, 06:50 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I went from a 34 SCARAB to a Daytona 26 ( 27 ft long ) We bought the SCARAB as a floating camper and used the boat every weekend weather permitting. We stopped using it for that about 14 years ago and started using it as a day boat on inland lakes and rivers.
I finally put my foot down and bought the Daytona. I absolutely love it. I got real lucky on the insurance. The company that I have been with for 40 years pushed it through.
Old 06-20-2015, 07:09 PM
Registered

What engine and what do you pay if you don't mind my asking? Speed? First cat?

How's the ride compared to the 25 check you had?
Old 06-20-2015, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

It is my first cat but I have had performance boats for 37 years. HP at this time is 650 with stated speed of 90 MPH and cost was $650 per year. The insurance is insuring my 2004 work van, 2006 Chevy diesel pick up, 2008 BMW, 26 Daytona and the house.
They like me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.