Notices

Twin Towers/Raceboat pic

Old 03-18-2009, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the one from Power boats with all the old SBI boats running.

Drambuie.. etc. with the towers in the backround. But it won't let me load them

The size is 2816x2112 its says its too big ??? Not sure what I can do to post it!!
Old 03-18-2009, 09:10 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,736 Likes on 1,228 Posts

Guys,

Thanks to all of you (and Tom Newby, who donated his work) that poster raised a lot of money (I don't remember how much) for one of the September 11 funds. Unfortunately, I don't believe there are any left, nor are there plans to produce additional copies.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:39 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 591 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by GLH
Anyone has a better res pic than this My honey wants to give me a framed deal of this for my B-Day eventhough it is the Skater they ran before the dinghy I got@!

GL Pm me some shipping info. I have just what you are looking for.

Quinlan
Old 03-19-2009, 07:43 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Sept. 9, 2001 before really becoming nuts I was a patrol boat for SBI. I was taking photos(yes The Godfather was a patrol boat taking pictures). Well it was a year and a half later when my wife took out the film a got it developed. There was Planetman (Tim Ciasulli & Crew) in the middle of the Towers, two days later they were gone. I had a poster made for Tim and it now sits in his Trophy room. If I can find the photo I will put it up. Pretty scarey finding it a year and a half later.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by GLH
Anyone has a better res pic than this My honey wants to give me a framed deal of this for my B-Day eventhough it is the Skater they ran before the dinghy I got@!
That is the same one I have.. My wife got it because I wanted it of the towers and Drambuie.. I didn't know that was a skater in that.

I have the actual poster. I can get a copy of it for you?? I have a friend in the Print business...

Let me know
Old 03-19-2009, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow so many interesting stories surrounding that print.

For me I tried to get a print but they were sold out before I ordered one. I was at sterling when they were doing the Alcone, Drambuie, etc boats in the picture and it was a print I just had to have. For my birthday that year low and behold my sister had beat me to it and even had it framed. That has been on the wall in my room ever since (and that includes moving 4+ times).

Then I was hanging out a couple months ago with a high school buddy I hadn't seen in years. We got to talking about boats and he had heard i got bit by the offshore bug pretty good and mentioned he had been hanging on to a poster for me. When he pulled it out yep you guessed it...the one from Powerboat mag. What's really cool is we haven't hung out since 2003 or so and yet he hung on to it specifically for me. Now I've got one in the bedroom and over the bar. Pretty cool.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mmareno
That is the same one I have.. My wife got it because I wanted it of the towers and Drambuie.. I didn't know that was a skater in that.

I have the actual poster. I can get a copy of it for you?? I have a friend in the Print business...

Let me know
I would love to have a print. Let me how much.....

Erik
[email protected]
Old 03-19-2009, 12:20 PM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by Lee
I have seen this picture in a couple of McDonalds in Michigan.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:46 PM
Registered

How do i post a pic ???
Old 03-19-2009, 05:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I have the poster framed and take it with me to many of our race sites because people never get tired of seeing it.

This picture was taken the weekend of the SBI race, on the saturday evening before 9/11, from the ferry boat.
Click on the picture and it gets even better.
Just wanted to share one of my favorites.
Pat D.
Attached Thumbnails Twin Towers/Raceboat pic-twin-towers.jpg  

Last edited by Pat D; 03-19-2009 at 05:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Twin Towers/Raceboat pic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.