Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Need a Fleet of Offshore Wave Crushers - What Builder Do You Recommend?? >

Need a Fleet of Offshore Wave Crushers - What Builder Do You Recommend??

Notices

Need a Fleet of Offshore Wave Crushers - What Builder Do You Recommend??

Old 06-24-2015, 03:02 PM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts

Going back to the original poster's request of boats between 20' and 40' in both outboard and I/O models, I would reccommend Global Marine, the owners of both Checkmate and Hustler powerboats. Between the two brands they can fill the entire lengths mentioned and have the ability to build volume production. As much as I like the Active Thunder idea, they are more of a custom built boat..one at a time.
Old 06-24-2015, 03:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JUPITER PULSARE
Going back to the original poster's request of boats between 20' and 40' in both outboard and I/O models, I would reccommend Global Marine, the owners of both Checkmate and Hustler powerboats. Between the two brands they can fill the entire lengths mentioned and have the ability to build volume production. As much as I like the Active Thunder idea, they are more of a custom built boat..one at a time.
Well said, great points to consider
Old 06-24-2015, 04:30 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,133 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Not sure if you noticed, Sydwayz is with Active Thunder...so I'd directly contact him and see what they could do.

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Depending on how many you want, we'd consider putting a damn in the 29 mold.
There are a couple older 25' Active Thunders available in the used market.
Old 06-24-2015, 04:37 PM
Registered

Will do, thanks
Old 06-24-2015, 05:18 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Interesting thread to say the least. And weird. So for the sake of argument and let's assume this venture is ligit, some one looking for 6+ hulls. No one knows what is the end use of the hull/boats will be. A bit fishy, but I understand that if it is a ligit business, the details may not be forthcoming. Whatever it is, it's not for personal use. Therefore many of the normally looked after things buying a boat, it's irrelevant in this case.
Personal preferences (and wishing, IE; I would love to have a Cig.. ) for one manufacturer or another is not an issue. 6 boats to start. 3/4 of a mill or so. Why new? Why not buy a bunch of existing used boats?
Drive/propulsion tests? I don't buy it. Anyone building a new drive system would be well aware of what's out there. Time frame and schedule of delivery. Apparently a big issue. So, AT, ( and I do like them and like Pat too) is out. AT/Pat doesn't even do it's own lay up. Subcontracted out to a Co. in Jupiter that does the lay up for a bunch of other boats. The buyer/builder is depended on the Subcontractors schedule,
All this would make a lot more sense if we would have an idea of the end use. No need for specifics, assumingly it's a ligit op. But only a few builders can fulfill the request. No matter if one likes them or not.
Old 06-24-2015, 05:31 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Realize that no boat builder can be everything to everyone one. So a company would have to pick and choose from the boat manufactures out there. This isn't Honda where they can get you a generator to power your tent lights that were hauled in remote via a Honda 4 wheeler that was tow'd on a trailer with some Honda dirt bikes etc.. We've all seen the commercial.

Now you want the boat manufacture to be in FL like you are? Well there's several boat manufacture's in FL so you can pick and choose from what's left to build your fleet.

Sketchy details gets sketch results.
Old 06-24-2015, 05:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rik
Realize that no boat builder can be everything to everyone one. So a company would have to pick and choose from the boat manufactures out there. This isn't Honda where they can get you a generator to power your tent lights that were hauled in remote via a Honda 4 wheeler that was tow'd on a trailer with some Honda dirt bikes etc.. We've all seen the commercial.

Now you want the boat manufacture to be in FL like you are? Well there's several boat manufacture's in FL so you can pick and choose from what's left to build your fleet.

Sketchy details gets sketch results.
I understand that the vague intended application can be frustrating; however lets assume for a second that I were part of a military operation, without a military budget, and needed to spec specific boats for specific missions. I obviously could not divulge the details of the mission to explain why I was using the boat, but I can describe how the boat is being used, which I did in the original post. All I'm looking for are real world accounts on who makes the toughest boats out there that are fast. Need to run mid 70s in calm waters and appropriate speeds in up to 5' waves. Just looking for some opinions and advice on what boats can take a serious beating for thousands of hours. Sure, I know what brands offer which boats and everyone says that their boat is the best, but I can't just go ride on each one or buy each one to find out which ones hold together best. Thats where the accounts of those with real world experience in each of the different boats factor in to aid in making the most informed decision possible.
Old 06-24-2015, 05:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PARADOX
only a few builders can fulfill the request. No matter if one likes them or not.
Which is exactly why I don't want to overlook any and started this thread.
Old 06-24-2015, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

ok. I play for a minute. Let's assume military applications. Several boats builders were already used. Including Fountain, (I actually bumped into Reggie after one of his meeting with the Navy near Tampa) and even Avanti. Avanti in fact built a few. However, since I was involved with DOD in the past, knowing pretty much many of the protocols and appropriations and logistics, this is not the way it's done. Next reason? for the fleet? Sounds like just an attention getting thread more and more. However, if I'm wrong, so be it. Just a point for your search Jekyll.. Very few will give you any REAL input. Most everyone will "market" their boat, model, the boat they like, boats they wish they had, or companies they are affiliated with. Objective info with this is next to impossible. I like the posts, lol, but it's pretty typical of any hull comparisons in the past. Bias.
Old 06-24-2015, 06:24 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Dr Jekyll
Sonic Unfortunately does not make anything in sport boat style under a 38'
The molds for the 26, 28, 31, 35, 38, 42, and 45 are around somewhere!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.