Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Need a Fleet of Offshore Wave Crushers - What Builder Do You Recommend?? >

Need a Fleet of Offshore Wave Crushers - What Builder Do You Recommend??

Notices

Need a Fleet of Offshore Wave Crushers - What Builder Do You Recommend??

Old 06-24-2015, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 736 Likes on 331 Posts

Why not go C.C. ? Lots of builders doing spartan hulls ? Ask the same request on thehulltruth.com..
Old 06-24-2015, 07:26 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Jekyll
I understand that the vague intended application can be frustrating; however lets assume for a second that I were part of a military operation, without a military budget, and needed to spec specific boats for specific missions. I obviously could not divulge the details of the mission to explain why I was using the boat, but I can describe how the boat is being used, which I did in the original post. All I'm looking for are real world accounts on who makes the toughest boats out there that are fast. Need to run mid 70s in calm waters and appropriate speeds in up to 5' waves. Just looking for some opinions and advice on what boats can take a serious beating for thousands of hours. Sure, I know what brands offer which boats and everyone says that their boat is the best, but I can't just go ride on each one or buy each one to find out which ones hold together best. Thats where the accounts of those with real world experience in each of the different boats factor in to aid in making the most informed decision possible.
Then why would you post it on a public foruma nd not just read and make inquirys? If you cared about true offshore you can find anythjng you need just by searching these forums and seeing what has transpired. By inclusion of pantera, you have shown no research at all. Do you really think by coming on a public forum and even hinting that there is some sort of covert implication for one second you would be taken as credible... my BS o meter is pegged on this one guys... dont waste your time.
Attached Thumbnails Need a Fleet of Offshore Wave Crushers - What Builder Do You Recommend??-img_358025428788505.jpeg   Need a Fleet of Offshore Wave Crushers - What Builder Do You Recommend??-img_153438750149967.jpeg   Need a Fleet of Offshore Wave Crushers - What Builder Do You Recommend??-fb_img_1428626257764.jpg  

Need a Fleet of Offshore Wave Crushers - What Builder Do You Recommend??-fb_img_1433878420154.jpg   Need a Fleet of Offshore Wave Crushers - What Builder Do You Recommend??-fb_img_1432343818418.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by offshoredrillin; 06-24-2015 at 07:29 PM.
Old 06-25-2015, 01:33 AM
Registered

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Then why would you post it on a public foruma nd not just read and make inquirys? If you cared about true offshore you can find anythjng you need just by searching these forums and seeing what has transpired. By inclusion of pantera, you have shown no research at all. Do you really think by coming on a public forum and even hinting that there is some sort of covert implication for one second you would be taken as credible... my BS o meter is pegged on this one guys... dont waste your time.
Did u get. A blip on ur gaydar lol
Old 06-25-2015, 01:34 AM
Registered

Maybe he is the stupidest seal ever to be on seal team six
Old 06-25-2015, 01:38 AM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Jekyll
I understand that the vague intended application can be frustrating; however lets assume for a second that I were part of a military operation, without a military budget, and needed to spec specific boats for specific missions. I obviously could not divulge the details of the mission to explain why I was using the boat, but I can describe how the boat is being used, which I did in the original post. All I'm looking for are real world accounts on who makes the toughest boats out there that are fast. Need to run mid 70s in calm waters and appropriate speeds in up to 5' waves. Just looking for some opinions and advice on what boats can take a serious beating for thousands of hours. Sure, I know what brands offer which boats and everyone says that their boat is the best, but I can't just go ride on each one or buy each one to find out which ones hold together best. Thats where the accounts of those with real world experience in each of the different boats factor in to aid in making the most informed decision possible.
Ok, if this is a "shhhhh.. Military project" then there would be a scope of supply detailing everything from the color of the floor to the air fresher over the toilet. They are if nothing hard on the details and facts so that tells me this is not a military project alone.

Secondly, any military project is not handled by a singular person in ANY country. Most have layers upon layers of people in the process and can take up to 5+ years at times. You do realize that the United States of American has a federal directive expressively prohibiting US citizens and companies in engaging in bribery of any form? So we cannot even pay off anyone to get a contract so once again this is hard to see one person handling it as there are bids pubically submitted around the world as the governments both foreign and domestic have to publish these things, hence noting secret allowed.

Thirdly, with the above indisputable facts, this is not a military project. So, your running cigarettes out of Check into Italy? Or cars from mainland Japan in to Hong Kong?
Old 06-25-2015, 02:21 AM
Registered

I'm giving him.the benefit of the doubt.

That being the case I suggest you pm two of the most knowledgeable people on the board. That would be big Scotty and Chris skulkin. They are probably the best people.here for picking their brains on what boat holds together best running in huge waves at high speed. Rm
Old 06-25-2015, 02:45 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

So your building ISIS gunships to patrol superterrorist cove??
Old 06-25-2015, 06:43 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PARADOX
Time frame and schedule of delivery. Apparently a big issue. So, AT, ( and I do like them and like Pat too) is out. AT/Pat doesn't even do it's own lay up. Subcontracted out to a Co. in Jupiter that does the lay up for a bunch of other boats. The buyer/builder is depended on the Subcontractors schedule, .
That is not correct. Everything is down in house, under my direct control.

Last edited by ActiveThunder; 06-25-2015 at 06:47 AM.
Old 06-25-2015, 07:23 AM
Registered

Received 565 Likes on 340 Posts

Consider Superboat

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...21-2015-a.html
Old 06-25-2015, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

No boat builder can build a 20' boat that can go 70 in 5' seas.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.