Boat has been victimized... >

Boat has been victimized...

Notices

Boat has been victimized...

Old 06-28-2015, 12:33 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Boat has been victimized...

The last few days I thought I was losing my mind misplacing tools on the boat. My cordless drill and a box of paper towels had come up missing, which I thought I had misplaced. Just before I was finishing up and going to cover the boat back up I remembered I wanted to try something with a dock line. They are always hanging off the passenger bolster, probably where everyone else keeps there's, and low and behold there all gone. 6 or 7 dock lines gone and the straps that hold to the grab handle gone too. It has become obvious that someone was on my boat and took these items as well as I first aid kit. That's 300 dollars worth of stuff gone. My boat sits in a barn with the front exposed but on a very quiet street, why would someone steal, dock lines, a drill(nice cordless impact btw), box of paper towels and and first aid kit. Only a few know the exact location of where I keep my boat so I'm sure nobody's playing a trick on me.

Should I call the police?
Old 06-28-2015, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

No. Set up a camera system.
Old 06-28-2015, 01:01 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would call!
and talk to the owner of the property, unless that is you

it sucks, had it happen once @ my storage of 10+ years
Old 06-28-2015, 01:16 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
I would but there's no power. My only option would be a hunting like cam.
Old 06-28-2015, 02:05 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by s022mag
I would but there's no power. My only option would be a hunting like cam.
My 4 camera surveillance system runs off of 12 volts. It only records if any camera senses movement. This would be if you want to catch the guy. Otherwise lock up the barn.
Old 06-28-2015, 04:24 PM
Registered

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

Same guy got into my truck last year. Stole my brand new cordless impact and charger, carrying bag $400 kit. Still had the og box it came in. Called the police and made a report. Have them the serial number off the box for the tool. Incase they found it at a pawn shop. They put it in the lein system...???

Sucks man I feel for you. At least they didn't trash the interior or carve up the seats, or worse.

Oh btw I put up a game cam in the driveway. I know it's the punk kids down the street, just gotta prove it.
Old 06-28-2015, 04:35 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

My 4 camera surveillance system runs off of 12 volts. It only records if any camera senses movement. This would be if you want to catch the guy. Otherwise lock up the barn.
Use a game camera - runs off of AAs and they will last a long time ! Good luck !
Old 06-28-2015, 04:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

That sucks, I don't think they will be back because they got everything. Camera seems to be the only way to catch him or them.
Old 06-28-2015, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 886 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by s022mag
The last few days I thought I was losing my mind misplacing tools on the boat. My cordless drill and a box of paper towels had come up missing, which I thought I had misplaced. Just before I was finishing up and going to cover the boat back up I remembered I wanted to try something with a dock line. They are always hanging off the passenger bolster, probably where everyone else keeps there's, and low and behold there all gone. 6 or 7 dock lines gone and the straps that hold to the grab handle gone too. It has become obvious that someone was on my boat and took these items as well as I first aid kit. That's 300 dollars worth of stuff gone. My boat sits in a barn with the front exposed but on a very quiet street, why would someone steal, dock lines, a drill(nice cordless impact btw), box of paper towels and and first aid kit. Only a few know the exact location of where I keep my boat so I'm sure nobody's playing a trick on me.

Should I call the police?
That sucks but think of the thief's surprise when he opened the barn to find a 38 Donzi on a trailer!

I kept my boat in a walled/gated yard for years without a single incident. There are probably 50-60 spots in there and the only crime in years was a missing dive knife off a neighbors boat......until Father's Day weekend last year......8 lower units got stolen.
Old 06-28-2015, 06:09 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

This

The technology is totally accessible for anyone these days. Put some bling in it...low cost stuff but juicy to a scumbag.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.